PC Component out question


Novice Member
I recently purchased a ASRock 775Twins-HDTV motherboard which come with a VGA_HDTV Panel with a component connection. All the literature refers to it as 'Component Out' connection but is it possible to to use it for component in as well to run the 360 and other sources through the PC?


Distinguished Member
No. I've not heard of component outputs ever being used as component inputs too. Usually capture is achieved using a dedicated capture card, such as the sweetspot. However, this only is useful for standard PAL/NTSC signals, rather HDTV. It would require a pretty powerful capture card to capture HDTV signals - and is probably impossible using a regular PC (because of the high bandwidth of the signal).


Sweetspot does not support HD it is 576 only, as I found out this weekend when trying to connect an Xbox 360.

I have been looking for a solution this lunchtime but fear that the only option will be a standalone scaler like Lumagen

The latest video from AVForums

Maverick UK Premiere IMAX Review + Top Gun, Tom Cruise, Tony Scott and 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom