PC Beeping

Jakks

Established Member
Reaction score
My friend has given me his old PC since he has moved into a new house and no longer has room for it, So today I decided to set it all up but as soon as I turn the PC on I hear several beeps, I was hoping someone could explain to me or help me fix this as I was hoping to use the PC for my children to use for their homework and what not

I have no idea what the specifications of the machine are as I have no manuals etc. given to me with the machine

Many thanks

Attachments

• Beep.mp3
    119 KB · Views: 40
It will be a combination of short and long beeps.
Listen carefully and tell us what you hear, eg 1 long and 4 short beeps
Most comps still follow the original IBM code and it should tell you what the fault is :smashin:

I've added a mp3 to my first post of what it sounds like when I first start up the PC

Sounds like 3 seperate problems to me.
The first one is one long 8 short :confused:

I'd do a net search for "beep codes".

I took the side off the PC had a look, and it ended up that the video card was loose so I've pushed it in and all seems to be working now, PC seems to be running Windows 98 SE, with 256mb of ram so it will do for the kids with the school work, cheers for the help

I took the side off the PC had a look, and it ended up that the video card was loose so I've pushed it in and all seems to be working now

Most common fault ever :thumbsup: (with the AGP interface anyway)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom