Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

PC based DVD player Region setting

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Player Multiregion Hacks' started by Steppenwolf, Mar 1, 2005.

1. Steppenwolf

Steppenwolf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Hi! I am new to the forum and need some help/advice with the Region setting on my PC based DVD plaer. I have a Liteon SOHW/1673-S02C model DVD-RW instlalled and it works fine. Even though I live in the UK, I have set the DVD Region on my PC to Region 1 because I get a lot of documentary DVDs from America. But I want to be able to watch some Region 2 DVDs on my PC as well and want to know how I can make this 'Region Free'.

One suggestion that a collegue has made is to download Slysoft's 'AnyDVD' software. I have been to Slysoft's site and the software looks like what I want; there is a free 3-week trial and the full product is a reasonable $40. But I am scared to try it in case my PC crashes or something; I have some very important data stored and don't want to lose it.

All I need to know is whether this 'AnyDVD' software is safe and worth getting.

2. HelloShaun

HelloShaun

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The Slysoft product has been used by a friend happily and he swears by it, but as it is available as a free trial take advantage and see how well it works for you.

Personally I'd look at upgrading the firmware to achieve your goal, look at www.cdrinfo.com where you should be able to find help and info for your unit.