pc auto on?

rvdbarnes

Standard Member
Reaction score
howdy

do you guys know if there is a way of getting a pc to come on/off of its own by means of a timer perhaps.
Just so i can schedule maintenence tasks without having to leave it on all the time?

rvd

Yup its in the bios, usualy power managment beside power on keyboard and lan ect... usualy called power on alarm or somthing.

and obviously, as long as everything is plugged in, i can set a timer for power on/off.
Just the xp log in screen to get past now!!

rvdbarnes said:
and obviously, as long as everything is plugged in, i can set a timer for power on/off.
Just the xp log in screen to get past now!!

remove all the accounts but one, that way u don't get a loading screen xp just boots to that account

There is a way that it auto logs in to a single account, can't remember how, but its doable.

how do i disable the windows log in process when i installed it i didnt have 1 set up then a few days later the log in user decided to appear!

gooner#14 said:
how do i disable the windows log in process when i installed it i didnt have 1 set up then a few days later the log in user decided to appear!

did u install microsofts framework? that adds a random profile, go control pannel, users and see how many users are on the list if there you and some other one delete the other one. Not sure what the profiles for but i deleted mine and noting has gone wrong with my pc

I believe you may be after THIS little bootiful link!

Enjoy! :D

*Get out of jail free: If you break your registry, don't blame me :)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom