PC audio Advice please - Creative Gigaworks S750 or proper Home Cinema system?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by GAmbrose, Jun 5, 2004.

1. GAmbrose

GAmbrose

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +185
    I'll try to keep this as brief as possible.

I currently have an Audigy soundcard and some 5 year old Cambridge Audio FPS 2000 speakers. This gives me 4.0 (Quadrophonic) sound, but I think it's time to upgrade.

The way I see it, I have 2 options.

Option 1 - Buy the Creative Gigaworks S750 set for approx £250. There are drawbacks to this however. My Audigy only supports 5.1 channel surround sound, and the room isn't exactly ideal for a 7.1 surround system, so 2 of the speakers would goto waste. I've also been told a proper Home Cinema amp and speakers would give me far superior sound. Which brings me to...

Option 2 - Move the Pioneer VSX859 RDS Amp and KEF 2005 speakers/sub from my main system and hook them upto the Audigy via the 5.1 Analogue inputs (Multi Channel) and then spend £1000 buying some KEF 2005.2 and new Amp of some sort for my Home Cinema system.

Obviously Option 2 is the more expensive option and would give me excellent sound from my PC, my major concern is are the 2005.2's really noticably better then the original Eggs that I have?

Basically I am trying to justify spending £750 more than I really need to. I know the 2005.2 subwoofer is supposedly much better, but what of the speakers? Will I notice any difference?

Gary A

2. @if ®afiq

@if ®afiq

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    You're not the only one with that dilema ;)

I've been musing over this off late and have decided to go the AV route - even though my room is tiny!

3. Dfour

Dfour

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +86
  4. GAmbrose

GAmbrose

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +185