1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PC and Panny 6 and AV Sales Report

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by 330uk, Nov 9, 2004.

1. 330uk

330uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My panny 6 arrived from AV Sales. Excellent price, communication and service. I can highly recommend these guys. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

After playing with it for a while I now have a pretty good setup. The only problem is the picture quality from the PC.
    I used to have the PC setup on a standard 15" TFT monitor. I took the VGA lead out and plugged it into the Panny. The picture is rubbish.

Do I need to change settings on the screen or on the PC ?

2. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,590
    330uk

Most likely you require a different Display - if your serious about utilising a PC with a Display you need more than 852x480 pixels; its the one area that the SD units really don't work too well.

You could try different output settings on your graphics card - though keep in mind the Display has to down res everything to fit on 852x480 pixels.

Sorry!

Joe

3. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    reasonable results can be obtained using an SD plasma PW6 etc you need to set PC to a 16:9 display out put 1366x720 may work OK have a play about Text will look blurry some resizing will be required but for DVD/Games/downloaded content you will be fine...Best to set up Dual monitors and have a look at the HTPC forum for info on using powerstrip

4. Cool Man

Cool Man

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Likewise, just got my PW6 from AV-Sales - great guys to deal with - and thoroughly recommend them

Onto your point about the PC - i did the same - connected the laptop to the plasma and PQ is excellent. Played the aquarium screensaver on it and it looks unbelievable. Already have people say WOW - when they see it.

Text and characters aren't that sharp - but ok.

5. rooster

rooster
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Can you get any dvds like the screensaver?

6. LCDRulz

LCDRulz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ha...

I did exactly the same yesterday, same result, stunning!

I used vga out on my Thinkpad, 1024x768, 75Hz, 32 bit colour and the aquarium screen saver. Internal scaling on the pw6 does an excellent job.

BTW can anyone enlighten me as to what the JS RGB->VGA converter puts out to the Plasma ie. what resolution? What vertical refresh rate ???

bfn
    Roy

7. LCDRulz

LCDRulz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  8. Jasonjo

Jasonjo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +112
    Try downloading powerstrip from here: http://entechtaiwan.net/util/ps.shtm and use the standard 856x480 resolution. Works very well for SD, but as Joe says, the SD plasma's are not that great for PC use.

JJ