1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pc 2.1 speaker help

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by chrisnic00, Feb 6, 2005.

1. chrisnic00

chrisnic00

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, would like a little advise if possible. I currently listen to *just* about all my music on my PC (mp3 mainly and some CDs), I have a stock onboard sound card and 2.1 creative speakers which arnt that bad.
    Was wondering is anyone could point me in the direction of a good stereo sound card sub 100 and not creative?? ( compat problems)
    Also is it worth buying ACOUSTIC ENERGY AEGO 2s? for £99 on superfi? i heard they were well worth the money, and as i have little room for floor standers would these be the best option?
    And last question, also kinda looking at getting a new cheap 5.1 system,
    Pioneer 575, Pioneer 301 AV are these any good? and could you recommend me some 5.1 sub £200 speakers?
    Sorry about all the questions/might be posted in wrong forum
    Nico

2. KraGorn

KraGorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    I think perhaps you'd get more replies if you posted the separate parts of your post in the corresponding forum. :)

On the PC side, you indicate you're not unhappy with the sound you have at present, what is it that you want an upgrade to change? There are few good quality cards that are just stereo these days, of course 5.1 and 7.1 cards can output stereo perfectly well. The M-Audio Revolution cards are pretty popular among those with HTPCs looking for good analog sound handling as well as digital output to a separate decoder.

Can't really help with the speakers, I have an Aegis 3 system, AR have a good reputation and I'd expect the 2s to be good performers in their class but I don't profess any expertise when it comes to speakers.

The Pioneer 575 is a very popular player, plenty of comments about that in the DVD Player forum.

3. chrisnic00

chrisnic00

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers, for the reply. Thought nobody cared lol,
    The speakers i have at the minute are fine but arnt prefect. I want really good sound ( i know i will loose quality playing MP3s)
    I wiull check out this M revo card, thanks for the DVD advise
    Nico