PC-13 Ultra or PC-20-39 Plus?

3sgte_power

Prominent Member
Reaction score
My room is all open plan, however my listening area is approximately 4m x 3.5m.

Would the PC-13 Ultra be too much for a room this size? Or should i stick to the smaller PC-20-39 Plus?

The other speakers are M&K LCR36 across the front and the LCR26 Surrounds for the rears, all powered by eventually an Onkyo 875.

Cheers

All of the multi port SVS subs can have the sheer output traded for extension by plugging ports to lower the native tune. I found the old Ultra 12 gave a much smoother (read less massive) response in 16Hz, rather than native 20Hz tune in my room. The smaller the room, the more you can trade.

Both will be capable of flattening your eyeballs, but the Ultra does have the rather handy single band of Parametric EQ that is also very handy in facilitating room integration.

Russell

I have to admit that when I heard these at the AV Sales open day a while back I preferred the character of the 20-39. :blush:
Each to their own I guess but what else could you spend the extra on and will you be forever bothered that you could have bought a better unit? :)

Similar size room here, got a 20-39 PC Plus already (rev 1) and PC-Ultra 13 sub arriving next week.

PC Plus isn't breaking a sweat at reference levels..

Similar size room here, got a 20-39 PC Plus already (rev 1) and PC-Ultra 13 sub arriving next week.

Why the upgrade badbob?

Go for the ultra... if you dont, you will always be thinking "mmmmm What if";)
Kinza.

I went for the Ultra :devil:

Should be here Tuesday / Wednesday

Can't wait to get these into action with the M&Ks and the Onkyo 875, and the 508D!

:eek::eek::eek:

My 20-39 pc+ used to bottom out on some material thats why i swapped for the pc-ultra which never did but i do listen at very loud levels sometimes and the new .3 drivers are supposed to be nearly as good as the old ultra 12 driver so would think the plus would sound fantastic in a room the size of yours.
Andy.
OOPS just read your gonna be a ultra daddy.

Go for the ultra... if you dont, you will always be thinking "mmmmm What if";)
Kinza.
Hi Rick
Have you taken delivery of yours today as i know you where one of the first to order.
Andy.

Hi Rick
Have you taken delivery of yours today as i know you where one of the first to order.
Andy.

Morning Andy
No,:confused: AVsales forgot me, I had to ring them, so much for being second on the list!! Mine is being delivered on Tuesday :thumbsup:
So glad that i knocked up that sub for over xmas, Its actually jaw droppingly good:D very impressed with it. Maybe a tad too powerful for my sons bedroom, so maybe putting it up for sale soon. But looking forward very much to the new ultra on Tuesday.
Kinza.

Morning Andy
No,:confused: AVsales forgot me, I had to ring them, so much for being second on the list!! Mine is being delivered on Tuesday :thumbsup:
So glad that i knocked up that sub for over xmas, Its actually jaw droppingly good:D very impressed with it. Maybe a tad too powerful for my sons bedroom, so maybe putting it up for sale soon. But looking forward very much to the new ultra on Tuesday.
Kinza.
Yeah
I know what you mean and ive only been a couple of months without mine and cant wait to get that .1 back.
Andy.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom