PB12 NSD or BK Monolith??

ABC*

Established Member
Reaction score
I have a wanted ad at the moment for a Monolith but have the chance of the PB12 NSD at a good price(cheaper than a new Monolith and brand new)which would you go for:thumbsup:

Not a lot to choose on spec but the monolith just has a bit more performance.

You do get a 3 yr warranty with the SVS and there have been a few mono reliability probs (not many but enough to put a slight doubt about reliability).

What are the finishes available to you,is the svs in gritex against a wood mono that might make your mind up.

PB12 is black finish only-I would like a light wood finish but it seems BK have a backlog and I'm very impatient:)

I've managed to get a second hand Monolith off the classifieds in the finish I wanted-the SVS would have been matt black and more difficult to accomodate so I lets hope I'm happy with it's performance when I get it.
If anyones interested there's 3 brand new PB12NSD's on a well known auction site with a buy it now of 385 plus delivery-I was offered it at 388 inc del when I got a second chance offer last week but didn't take it up.

I've now gone for the PB12NSD as there was a problem with the Monolith seller getting hold of his new sub quickly enough(me being impatient)and I couldn't be sub-less for a couple of weeks:(
Got it for a very good price - now just to find somewhere to put it:D

I've now gone for the PB12NSD as there was a problem with the Monolith seller getting hold of his new sub quickly enough(me being impatient)and I couldn't be sub-less for a couple of weeks:(
Got it for a very good price - now just to find somewhere to put it:D

Don't blame you, I was sub-less for 1 week and it was like a big chunk was missing, those were dark days indeed!:D

It arrived today (PB12NSD) haven't had much time to play around yet but I could feel the torpedos launching in U571:D
Tried using the auto calibrate on my Sony amp but it's hopeless-the sub overpowers everything so I used my Radio Shack SPL meter and it's much better now.
It's bigger than I expected but I've managed to squeeze it in:smashin:

Gonna have to move it or maybe get a bfd as it seems to be quite a bit louder from about 23-27hz,should get some time over the weekend to play I hope.
Tried with some of the music tracks mentioned in the music thread-I couldn't believe the pressure produced by this-I'm vey happy with it!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom