PB12-ISD How good?

Reaction score
Hi all.

I currently have a MA Radius 360 sub which i am completely un-inspired by. To be honest i can hardly hear it. I used to have a B&W ASW675 which i found stunning, I am currently on the verge of ordering the SVS, which i know is a lot bigger. According to reveiws on the forums, the SVS is far superior to the B&W, i find this incredibe considering the price, even including VAT and delivery. So how good is the SVS PB12-isd? Will it impress me more than the 675? Any thought gratefully received

Rob

You should mail Ron @SVS and tell your room size and budget etc. He's the best one to advice which model fits you. Even the smallest of them produces incredible bass, could stand against double the price. Buy the biggest, baddest and most expensive you can afford! :smashin:

rdt123 said:
i find this incredibe considering the price, even including VAT and delivery.

So have the hundred plus forum members that have already gone down this route. From memory Gonzo and Stellavision both upgraded from the B&W 675 to SVS cylinders and were pleased with the results.

Hi
Dont know about the pb12isd but the 20-39 pc+ is a good jump up from the asw675 so i doubt you would be dissapointed with the pb12isd.Btw why did you change the asw675 for the monitor audio sub as the b&w is one of the best compact subs ive heard.
Cheers Gonzo. :)

Ian J said:
So have the hundred plus forum members that have already gone down this route. From memory Gonzo and Stellavision both upgraded from the B&W 675 to SVS cylinders and were pleased with the results.
Actually I went from an SVS 25-31 PCi to the ASW675 ;)
I did miss the powerful bass of the SVS and the 675 did not stay long. The B&W is a cracking sub for the size, but if I had to make a choice between the two again, I would choose the SVS.
Incidently, the 25-31 PCi is very similar in performance to the PB12-ISD, although Erik over at SVS has said that the box sub performs a little better than it's similar spec cylinder.
I'm sure you would'nt be dissappointed in the PB12-ISD, but if you are after a real subsonic experience I would maybe look at one of the larger ones. This does of course depend on your budget and space available in your room.

Think i'll order. SVS are sending me a quote but have been advised at around £540 with charges. Bargain

Diamond said:
I hear dollar is going weaker, so good times coming to us. :suicide:
I hope so. I'm going to Florida soon so I mint have to pick up some goodies! :D

Stellavision said:
I hope so. I'm going to Florida soon so I mint have to pick up some goodies! :D
Me too :D

gonzo said:
Hi
Dont know about the pb12isd but the 20-39 pc+ is a good jump up from the asw675 so i doubt you would be dissapointed with the pb12isd.Btw why did you change the asw675 for the monitor audio sub as the b&w is one of the best compact subs ive heard.
Cheers Gonzo. :)

I was supposed to be emigrating. went for a few months but came back and started from scratch, now looking for an uphgrade. have decided to go for it!

Have ordered, do i need a different mains cable. They are sending it set up for UK voltage but is the cable different? If so where can i get one, Ian? Gilesy?

Just use an old kettle/printer/pc lead, that's what a lot of us have done.

Or just cut the 2pin plug off and fit your own mains plug.

bob1 said:
Or just cut the 2pin plug off and fit your own mains plug.
I didn't explain that too well.
The lead comes with a euro 2pin plug like the one on a shaver ,you can just cut this off and fit a uk 3pin plug.

Well it's shipping tomorrow hopefully. I just hope the hype is not over blown. I'm hoping to be stunned

DOn't you just love tracking parcels online! CHecked today and my sub has made its from cleveland to toledo and is now on its way to toronto airpot! Don't know when it'll be here but its making good progress! come on baby!

I would say that if your sub is en route to Toronto it's got lost

Well no, Toronto is just around the lake and the quickest freight flight into manchester.

My came via Toronto airport,looks like Ian J got it wrong :D

bob1 said:
My came via Toronto airport,looks like Ian J got it wrong :D
I wouldn't worry i was wrong once. :rotfl:

Well i hope it was Toronto :eek:

Didn't take long at all ,would have took about 3days but was stuck in the airport over the weekend.It landed over here on a Friday night, i rang bax on Monday and got the sub the next day.Once its landed i would give them a day to sort things out and ring them if they haven't rang you.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom