1. Join Now

    AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PB12-ISD costing

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by rdt123, Mar 3, 2005.

  1. rdt123

    rdt123
    Active Member

    Joined:
    Dec 14, 2002
    Messages:
    1,415
    Products Owned:
    0
    Products Wanted:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    51
    Location:
    Busting out a restaraunt in Queens, NY
    Ratings:
    +33
    Hi

    Just thought i'd post a breakdown of costs as people are always asking about totals

    The PB12-ISD is $599. This was converted at the exchange rate to £322

    Door to door shipping was $160 or £86

    Import duty and vat came to £83

    so 322+85+83 = £490

    Bargain!

    Shipped on Monday and Bax called today to confirm delivery for tomorrow (friday). SVS brilliant service, in fact because of a delay getting me a quote due to national holiday, Erik is sending me a free cap! Great and quick service.

    Due to the increase in rate again i think it would be around £10 cheaper now

    Rob
     
  2. Stellavision

    Stellavision
    Active Member

    Joined:
    Apr 7, 2003
    Messages:
    2,287
    Products Owned:
    0
    Products Wanted:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    51
    Location:
    Southsea, UK
    Ratings:
    +96
    I'm looking forward to your review. I've not heard much said about this model and did consider one myself a while ago.
     
  3. rdt123

    rdt123
    Active Member

    Joined:
    Dec 14, 2002
    Messages:
    1,415
    Products Owned:
    0
    Products Wanted:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    51
    Location:
    Busting out a restaraunt in Queens, NY
    Ratings:
    +33
    Well hopefully i'll give full review on sunday
     
  4. Rip

    Rip
    Active Member

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2004
    Messages:
    383
    Products Owned:
    0
    Products Wanted:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    18
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hi rdt123, you say import duty & vat was £83, but how was that worked out, was it a percentage of the £322, or did it include the shipping as well ?
    The reason im asking is because im going to order a PB12-Ultra/2 soon, & i want to know what to expect to pay when it arrives here, thanks.
     
  5. Nimby

    Nimby
    Member

    Joined:
    Jan 27, 2004
    Messages:
    9,201
    Products Owned:
    0
    Products Wanted:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    136
    Location:
    The Danish Bacon Factory
    Ratings:
    +669
    This has been covered many times in the past. You pay VAT on top of the price and the freight charges.

    Nimby
     
  6. bob1

    bob1
    Well-known Member

    Joined:
    Nov 7, 2002
    Messages:
    4,326
    Products Owned:
    0
    Products Wanted:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    86
    Location:
    Sheffield
    Ratings:
    +129
    Have you worked that out correctly ,i get it more like £500
    Sub and shipping +import duty +vat £322+£86=£408+£18.36=£426.36+£74.61=£500.97+bax handling fee.
    I hope that helps Rip,You pay import duty on the total cost inc the postage then they charge you vat on the total cost after the duty charge.
     
  7. rdt123

    rdt123
    Active Member

    Joined:
    Dec 14, 2002
    Messages:
    1,415
    Products Owned:
    0
    Products Wanted:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    51
    Location:
    Busting out a restaraunt in Queens, NY
    Ratings:
    +33
    No, i've worked it out right. You pay VAT on services as well so you add the cost of the shipping to the sub

    $599 + $160 = $759

    Convert this to pounds, this is tricky because the rate changed quite a bit between SVS billing me and BAX but we'll call it 1.88 (it hit 1.91 the other day)

    759/1.89 = £401.58

    Now VAT@17.5 and import@4.5 = 22%

    401.58*0.22 = £88.34

    So thats 401.58 for sub and shipping plus £88.34 BAX fess, vat and import

    £489.92 total

    I can tell you that i have outstanding transactions on my card totalling £490.88 so i think i'm right

    Rob
     
  8. Mroizouk

    Mroizouk
    Standard Member

    Joined:
    Jan 11, 2005
    Messages:
    333
    Products Owned:
    0
    Products Wanted:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    18
    Location:
    London
    Ratings:
    +1

    If you do the above, SUB+SHIPPING*DUTY+VAT 1.22

    you'll get a different total to doing

    (SUB+SHIPPING*DUTY 1.045)*VAT 1.175
     
  9. mhuk05

    mhuk05
    Well-known Member

    Joined:
    Jan 17, 2005
    Messages:
    2,708
    Products Owned:
    0
    Products Wanted:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    86
    Location:
    J6 M5
    Ratings:
    +215
    Why would you pay VAT on shipping?

    Is 4.5% import duty standard on electrical items ie av amps?

    Thanks :)
     
  10. Ian J

    Ian J
    Banned

    Joined:
    Aug 6, 2001
    Messages:
    25,528
    Products Owned:
    0
    Products Wanted:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    166
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    Because the idea is to extract as much tax from us as possible.
     
  11. mhuk05

    mhuk05
    Well-known Member

    Joined:
    Jan 17, 2005
    Messages:
    2,708
    Products Owned:
    0
    Products Wanted:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    86
    Location:
    J6 M5
    Ratings:
    +215
    Basta*ds!
     
  12. Kazman

    Kazman
    Well-known Member

    Joined:
    Jan 14, 2004
    Messages:
    5,266
    Products Owned:
    0
    Products Wanted:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    86
    Location:
    Luton, Bedfordshire
    Ratings:
    +139
    Tax is poo (technical term) :mad:
     
  13. mhuk05

    mhuk05
    Well-known Member

    Joined:
    Jan 17, 2005
    Messages:
    2,708
    Products Owned:
    0
    Products Wanted:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    86
    Location:
    J6 M5
    Ratings:
    +215
    that knocks it on the head the idea of getting that sr7500 from Andorra :(
     
  14. Kazman

    Kazman
    Well-known Member

    Joined:
    Jan 14, 2004
    Messages:
    5,266
    Products Owned:
    0
    Products Wanted:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    86
    Location:
    Luton, Bedfordshire
    Ratings:
    +139
    Don't think you would save that much on the SR7500 anyway personally, you would be better off calling someone like AV Land, AV Sales or Peter Tyson and haggling a good price, might be able to get get it closer to 600 pounds, and that is only a tiny bit more expensive than importing it from Andorra, and well worth it for peace of mind and warranty.
     
  15. mhuk05

    mhuk05
    Well-known Member

    Joined:
    Jan 17, 2005
    Messages:
    2,708
    Products Owned:
    0
    Products Wanted:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    86
    Location:
    J6 M5
    Ratings:
    +215
    Cheers ;)
     
  16. Rip

    Rip
    Active Member

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2004
    Messages:
    383
    Products Owned:
    0
    Products Wanted:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    18
    Ratings:
    +3
    So, for a Ultra/2, $1999 + shipping $240(for me), total $2239 convert to pounds = £1173, add import tax & vat @ 22% =£258.12 total £1431.74

    So, that leaves me £258.12 to pay when it gets here does it ?
     
  17. Ian J

    Ian J
    Banned

    Joined:
    Aug 6, 2001
    Messages:
    25,528
    Products Owned:
    0
    Products Wanted:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    166
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    I make it about £20 more and then there will be an additional handling charge payable to Bax of £10 so the total everything included should be between £1,450 and £1,460 - and a veritable bargain at that
     
  18. bob1

    bob1
    Well-known Member

    Joined:
    Nov 7, 2002
    Messages:
    4,326
    Products Owned:
    0
    Products Wanted:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    86
    Location:
    Sheffield
    Ratings:
    +129
    You are charged 4.5% on the total first and then 17.5% vat on top of that ,not 22% in one go ,the final total will be different when worked out like that.
     
  19. mhuk05

    mhuk05
    Well-known Member

    Joined:
    Jan 17, 2005
    Messages:
    2,708
    Products Owned:
    0
    Products Wanted:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    86
    Location:
    J6 M5
    Ratings:
    +215
    Known as compound interest? add 4% to the total. Now add 17.5%: this isn't the same as 21.5% of the original amount...

    Q: The collection cost is $110 but doesn't include the BAX £10 fee

    Door to door is $160

    It'll cost me £15 in petrol to collect.

    How much will I save by collection?

    Marks are given for .... :rotfl:
     
  20. Mroizouk

    Mroizouk
    Standard Member

    Joined:
    Jan 11, 2005
    Messages:
    333
    Products Owned:
    0
    Products Wanted:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    18
    Location:
    London
    Ratings:
    +1
    only about a tenner. stay at home, let them bring it to you!
     
  21. 5ergo

    5ergo
    Standard Member

    Joined:
    Mar 7, 2005
    Messages:
    91
    Products Owned:
    0
    Products Wanted:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    9
    Ratings:
    +0
    Credit card is the only way to pay to svs, right?I dont have one, so i gues ill have to convince my mother to lend it to me :rolleyes:
     

Share This Page

Loading...