1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PB10-ISD - thanks for recommendations - highly pleased

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by dAVefaulkner, Aug 8, 2005.

1. dAVefaulkner

dAVefaulkner
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    A few weeks ago, I asked the forum for a £500 recommendation? Well, after being encouraged by some nice recommendations and reading numerous threads about SVS, written by many excited enthusiasts, I decided to bite the bullet and order one - a PB10-ISD.

My mates, having heard the other models that I had demo'd at home, weren't very optimistic and reckoned that I'd be dissappointed. Well, it arrived last week, I demo'd it to them (Darla tapping the fish tank) and they were absoultely gobsmacked - as am I! Lovely, lovely, lovely, lovely. I love it! It works an absolute treat! My girlfriend's 7-year old son likes it too. It adds a whole new dimension to the HC experience: sock detonating, Boo laughing, pod racing, ...WOW! What can I say? Thank you, forum! I think that SVS may be getting a couple more orders from my mates - wives permitting!

My girlfriend said it was bigger than she expected - whoops! :devil:
    I dunno what she means! If you look at my photo, I'd say that it fits in very nicely and in fact, there's room for another one the other side of the telly :devil:

The lack of magnetic shielding didn't upset the telly significantly - I just needed to adjust the picture rotation setting and perfect geometry was restored.

Now, I'm off to watch all my DVD's again...

Attached Files:

2. kbfern

kbfern
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,233
    Hi Dav

Congratulations on your purchase, and welcome to the real bass club.Don't know what sub you were running before but you just cannot comprehend what a really good woofer can do till you get one and first hear and also feel that depth and slam that an SVS woofer can deliver.

It was only a couple of months ago I got my 20-39PC+ and it gives me a spine tingling sensation and big grin everytime I use it.You can revisit all those dvd's that have been sitting on your shelves doing nothing as they will sound totally different when you give them some welly with your SVS.

3. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    Would we lie to you :D

It will improve further when everything has bedded down

4. Arif

Arif
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can I just ask then - on the subject of the improvement afforded by the SVS units...

If I'm running with the KEF 2005.2 eggs at the moment - that'd mean a 2010 sub - and you say that this only really covers the mid-to-high bass ground that the satellites can't handle/output - then would my having an SVS not leave a 'hole' - given that the SVS covers true bass. Or does the SVS cover what the 2010 covers - PLUS the true bass spectrum?

Thanks in advance dudes...!

5. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    The SVS will cover the upper notes as will the KEF sub but it will also go much deeper and will also sound quite different as there is far less distortion in the big fellas.

6. Arif

Arif
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Excellent! Thanks there Ian!

Then just one more very pertinent question to wrap this up for me - if I'm running with a Yahama DSPAX640SE - which would be the most appropriate SVS? I'm thinking 'PB10'?

I don't reckon my room would warrant any larger amp output - and so that has to be the fixed variable. Although I might upgrade to the DSPAX750SE (750? Something like that) for the sound-delay feature.

Thanks again!