1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PB10-ISD or PB12-ISD?

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by Totoro, Dec 20, 2004.

1. Totoro

Totoro
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have decided to buy a SVS subwofer, but I'm not sure if I should buy the PB10-ISD or the more powerful PB12-ISD. The sub is going to be used only for home theater, and the room is about 270 square feet (6x4 meters). Do I need the extra power from the PB12-ISD, or will the cheaper PB10-ISD do just fine?

I wouldn't mind saving a few bucks, but I'd gladely pay more if the bigger sub is worth the extra cash.

2. Philly112

Philly112

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,479
    Why not email SVS giving them your room size, saying it is only for home theatre, how loud you like to listen, details of ancillary kit etc.
    Although I haven't bought one of their subs (yet!) I went through this exercise and they were VERY helpful.
    And they don't b**l**it you - if they think the cheaper sub is the one for you they will tell you.
    I doubt if anyone on here has heard both these subs, although Ian J has a cylinder 'with some numbers after it' and a new PB10-ISD, so maybe he will tell you what the difference is performance vs price for these two.
    Phil

3. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    The PB-10 is fine in my room which is roughly similar in size to Totoro and whilst it doesn't sound as good as my 20-39 PC Plus cylinder at the moment that could be because it is still "running in"

A few more replays of my "Cat Empire" DVD with their driving bass lines will soon have everything settled down nicely and I can evaluate them together more even handedly

4. Totoro

Totoro
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the help guys!

I contacted SVS, and got the answer I needed. Both subs would work great in my room according to the nice man who answered my mail.

I have decided to go for the PB10-ISD. I'll just buy another one if I need more power in the future. :)