1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

pb-tv100 install problem

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by vulkan75, May 1, 2003.

1. vulkan75

vulkan75

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ok,is this a no brainer?
    Just installed this tv card in my hcpc.All the drivers seemed to be installed, softwares installed but i still cant get no picture.

When i start lifestyle suite it say "cant get device" the same also happens when i try running fly video.
    I want to get sky into the hcpc to descale the image for the projector.

I dont suppose anyone could give me a walkthrough I.e how to install correctly,what ways you've connected your sky,tv etc.,and even better if someones putting a descaled sky image out from this card to a projector.

the main thing is,to get the thing working.Any pb tv100 card owners with any ideas?

:confused:

2. ReTrO

ReTrO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    Have you got dscaler?

Get the latest version and don't use the supplied software with the card, it's aweful by comparision.

3. vulkan75

vulkan75

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi richard.
    yes i have descaler,i'll try using that instead.

Have you connected yr sky to this card?if so how have you done it,s-video compositeetc/

4. ReTrO

ReTrO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    It's quite funny really. I have the card but nothing to connect to it at the moment. :D (Not even a Tv aerial)

I have so far connected only an N64 up via s-video. Looked pretty damn good, way better than the supplied software which had really bad de-interlacing. Wwwrrgghh....:mad:

Anyways I'm very happy with this card and running dscaler on it.

5. gab2001uk

gab2001uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I got the same "cant get device" on mine after I plugged in another PCI card.
    Turns out i had loosened the tuner card, and it was not physically connected any more.
    Closer inspection revealed that due to the mechanics of the card, as you tighten up the screw to hold it in, it tends to lift it out of its slot.

6. vulkan75

vulkan75

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes.Graham that is exactly the problem.the connection pins seem to be longer than any other pci device,and thus pull out when tightening the screw.

Ok.now i've got it working,and as been said the bundled software is pants.I have installed dscaler but now cant get this working.
    I checked the thread above in this forum and found that others seem top have the dscaler software detecting their card,mine dosnt seem to.
    When i went to the dscaler website they say that not all pci capture cards work.anybody had any issues with dscaler and this card.
    Looks like my problem has now changed!:confused: