1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PB : "input overrange" on all analog inputs + digital input PB

Discussion in 'TAG McLaren Audio Owners' Forum' started by bpoulet, Jun 19, 2005.

1. bpoulet

bpoulet

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello Every body,

I am French, then in first excuse my poor English and if I maltreat the language of Shakespeare ;)

I have Av32R EX with DAB option, that I have bougth to an English, there are approximately a year and half. (but It's a product of 2000)

It functioned very well, until this weekend.

Now after 1 to 2 minutes of use without problem, I have on the
    whole of the analog inputs, the sound cut and if I commutate of an input to an other, the sound does not return and the av32r display the message "input overrange" with a permanent background noise.

If I power off the unit and disconnect the power cord, it functions well during again 2 minutes. But after, the same message appears.

It's always the same problem during all the week-end.

In more, I have an other problem on digital input, but perhaps correlated with the other.

The digital stream of my dvd player is well decoded, the "auto detect" led is on, but this session of decoding is very often stopped by the led "mute" which regularly cut the sound :mad:
    Same after, several power off of the unit, the problem remains.

In more, the seftest TAG of the unit is OK !!!

:lease: Help me, did somebody already encounter this problem ?
    How did you succeed in solving it (return to IAG :rolleyes: ?) ?
    Exist there an operation for reset the hardware or software of the unit, in more of disconnect the power cord ?
    In France, since the repurchase of TAG by IAG, I believe that the French distributor "pilote film" does not take more charges of the brand TAG (I will check! ).
    I don't know how I will make, if it's necessary to make it repair at
    IAG and which price that can cost me? :suicide:

thank you in advance for your assistance.

Bruno from France

2. lenny

lenny

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    hi Bruno,

there is a procedure to make a factory reset the AV32R, I've had no time to dig it out, but you should read the past threads to find how to make it.

Furthermore I would verify which kind of software is installed on the unit. You should install the 4.31 in order to get all the new features included in it.

Don't count on Pilote Films: they do not have a clue about the Tag material, you should deal directly with IAG (you can find the info on their web site) through their helpdesk.

Your problems sounds very weird to me.

Regards,

Lenny

3. Plump

Plump
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Lenny, he can install max. 3.8 as it is SP unit.
    Master reset is holding "THX Cinema", ">" and "Digital" at power on and then confirming with "Normal"

This problem is really weird, I'd start troubleshooting with everything disconected and connect input by input.

By the way, french distributor, I thought there was never any :D

4. bpoulet

bpoulet

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you very much for your fast answers

Indeed my version software is 3.8, the max version for the SP unit.

I try to realise the Master Reset, but without success.
    My own parameters are always present when I use the different menus Tag,
    I suppose that I would have to lose all my parameters after the reset ?

Plump, when you have written :
    Master reset is holding "THX Cinema", ">" and "Digital" at power on and then confirming with "Normal"

that means, I must press, in frontage of the unit, on the button "THX cinema" + the button ">" + the "Digital" button or the button "THX cinema" and after the button ">" and after the button "Digital" ?

Do I make this, after le SelfTest realised ?

Does a message have to appear after the first three buton pressed ?
    like "master reset ?" and after I press the button "Normal" ?

thank for your help.

Lenny, are you french ? Do you live in France ?, because I saw paris on your profile ?
    Have you already sent your unit to IAG ? And how do you do ?

Bruno

5. lenny

lenny

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Salut Bruno,

I live in Paris France but I'm italian and I like very much Berlusconi :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I never sent the unit to IAG even if I've some problems in decoding the DTS digital stream coming out some French versions DVDs (Underworld, The day after tomorrow, Kill Bill...) and IAG provided me with a "service number".

You must not send the unit before IAG provides you with your "service number". IAG will provide that number only after they have tried helping you to iron out the problem remotely. According to my experience they are very effective, when they are available. You can find more info at the following address http://www.iaguk.com/tma/tmaindex.htm.

Plump : thanks for your help always clear and synthetic :smashin:

Best regards,

Lenny

6. Barry.NI

Barry.NI

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Bruno,

You seem to have found a fellow TAG owner in Paris, I shall try to contact IAG soon, to get some upgrade prices, if nothing comes up on the Forum. As you know, I put the very latest software version on your AV32R, prior to bringing it over, but you could try re-programming it, I could send you my programming cable, unfortunately I do not have any AV32R notes on a Master reset