PB-13U or asw 850

misko

Standard Member
Reaction score
hi all
i was going to put my order on this sub,but came across of used B&W asw850
for good price (1300eur vs 1805eur for SVS delivered).
should i reconsider my order for svs?
I am more into ht than music..
thanks for any suggestions

mike

I have two PC Ultras from SVS which use the same drivers and amp, they are the best subs i have heard to date.

For me music reproduction is very important and if you can get that right then films will sound more accurate to.

SVS know how to design/build subs that always work out to be very good value for money.

i just got back from an audition ASW 850...didnt like it very much,there must have been something with speaker/crossover configuration it just did not sounded as a would expected from sealed sub..
It is very nice piece of equipment indeed.

By all accounts the 850 is a top notch sub and my guess is that it probably wasn't setup very well or else the dealer had room issues that he hadn't compensated for

^

What he said.

Having owned the ASW850 myself and the PC-Ultra shortly after, I personally would go for the SVS, if nothing else then for the extra depth (especially for movies). The ASW850 is one of top subs out there though, and I can't imagine anyone not being impressed with one set up properly....

I pretty sure it wasnt setup properly..heard 750 before and sounded much better.
I just going to order PB ultra.It is new and 45-day trial period is great.
just would like to know what grill it comes with,metallic or cloth
thanks for yours comments.

ok,thanks:thumbsup:
I just made a pre payment,so just have to wait for delivery..:devil:
I have some work to do with my new processor,going to set it up properly before ultra gets in..:D

I'd wait, or you'll have to do it again when the sub arrives.

would be my pleasure to do it again:smashin:
It is just so much better sounding then my old receiver:)

ke

I have just called guys at svs and my pb-13U should be at my doorstep tuesday or wednsday....:clap::clap:
..just wanted to let you know guys:D
mike

got it home yearstday.This is serious:thumbsup:

Going to play with it more tommorow.

My first impressions is just....is it for real? It scared the **** out of me:suicide:
This should be sold with warning.
..very happy for now..:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Last edited by a moderator:
My first impressions is just....is it for real? It scared the **** out of me:suicide:
This should be sold with warning.

Before or after you opened the box :D

Last edited by a moderator:
the size of it i could have imagined.I knew the dimensions..,but the sound,...damn that was something i couldnt be prepare for.

I am just glad i found this forum with so much info about subs.
You guys were very helpful in making my decision.

thanks again,i am going back to my HT for now so take care guys(i cant get enough of it:hiya:)
:clap::clap:

mike

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom