Paypal question

bassit

I have just received a payment for £10, when i looked i only have £4.14 in my account, above the payment there are another 2 Transactions

Currency Conversion (debit) From British Pound
Conversion: From British Pound
Conversion from: -£5.86 GBP Conversion to: €7.41 EUR Exchange rate: 1 British Pound = 1.26380 Euros

&

Currency Conversion (credit) To Euro
Conversion: To Euro
Conversion from: -£5.86 GBP Conversion to: €7.41 EUR Exchange rate: 1 British Pound = 1.26380 Euros

Can anyone shed some light on what has happened please.
It appears paypal have converted the £10 to EURO and then back to GBP.

Thanks.

sdb123

Distinguished Member
Where did the payment originate from (i.e. the country of the person who paid you the £10)? Was the payment via PayPal Gift?

bassit

It was from England and was just a normal payment, the confusing thing is the payment was received in GBP.

Peridot

Does the €7.41 show as a separate euro balance on the summary page of your account?

It appears that they have credited you £4.14 of the £10.00 paid and converted the remaining £5.86 to euro.

I've no idea why. I too have been having some odd problems with my paypal account recently but nothing like this.

bassit

The balance shows as £4.14 GBP, then underneath the "all activity (with balance)" header, it shows €7.41 EUROS.

sdb123

Distinguished Member
In all honesty, I'd give their Customer Service team a call....they are usually pretty helpful.

bassit

Erm...

Mystery solved'ish, it turns out i was in arrears for the €7.41 Euros, now i just need to find out why i was in arrears for €7.41's since i haven't made any purchases in Euros.
Cheers sdb but doesn't the service center cost £1.50 a min though, its an 0870 no.