• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.
  • Black Friday Deals
    Visit our Black Friday page for our frequently updated, hand picked deals on TVs and other tech.

PayPal payment returned query

rousetafarian

Hi all,

It's early so apologies if I'm missing something really obvious. I sent my sister a £30.00 payment by PayPal Gift that she forgot to acknowledge or withdraw, so 30 days later I got an email recently saying it has been refunded.

But where to? It hasn't hit my linked bank account nor is it sat in my PayPal balance.

Is there usually a delay?

Cheers

spoonuk

Paypal doesn't really return payments, are you sure you got the email address right or the email you got from Paypal is not fake?

rousetafarian

Paypal doesn't really return payments, are you sure you got the email address right or the email you got from Paypal is not fake?
The transaction is showing as a refund in the app though but isn't showing in the balance.

I'm sure the email address is correct and if the email from PayPal is actually fake then why would it show in the transactions list.

RBZ5416

Distinguished Member
Apparently this can happen if the receiving account isn't verified. In that case the receiver has to claim the funds & if they don't within 30 days, they're returned. Stories out there of it happening to new Ebay sellers who have received payment, sent goods & then had the funds returned as well!

As for where the funds are, it may be that Ebay are still holding onto the archaic process of taking a few days to transfer to your bank. You'd need to contact them to confirm.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom