Paypal on watchdog.

No, postage because the guy who was meant to sign it didnt and wont collect from post office, now they want proof of postage :eek:

Well surely if you have tracking and the little invoice showing the tracking with the delivery postcode that's proof of posting?

Well surely if you have tracking and the little invoice showing the tracking with the delivery postcode that's proof of posting?

I have lost the little slip due to misplacement, yet the post office said that the tracking code (as it was royal mail signed for) should count as proof of postage; yet payapal won't except this, is like they're adament not to get involved in my case :(

I gave up on ebay when paypal stopped releasing money until feedback has been given by the buyer?
I waited ages for one particular buyer to give me feedback on a DVD player I sold.
It annoyed me that 'they' had the power to stop me getting my money.
Honestly, I'd rather bin perfectly good stuff then deal with ebay/paypal now.

I have lost the little slip due to misplacement, yet the post office said that the tracking code (as it was royal mail signed for) should count as proof of postage; yet payapal won't except this, is like they're adament not to get involved in my case :(

Does the online tracking show the delivery address on the Royal Mail website? If not that's where your problem is: Paypal would see it as being any old tracking number and it doesn't mean it went to the buyer if you see what I mean?

If the buyer doesn't collect and sign for it the item will be returned to you (special delivery should have your address on) so at least you shouldn't be too much out of pocket.

Does the online tracking show the delivery address on the Royal Mail website? If not that's where your problem is: Paypal would see it as being any old tracking number and it doesn't mean it went to the buyer if you see what I mean?

If the buyer doesn't collect and sign for it the item will be returned to you (special delivery should have your address on) so at least you shouldn't be too much out of pocket.

Theres the problem, i was returning the phone as it was faulty, and they just won't answer me, its getting pathetic, i paid ful price for a crappy faulty phone, if it doesn't get sorted i'm going to get his address and go down myself and make him sort it out, this is getting really old.

I gave up on ebay when paypal stopped releasing money until feedback has been given by the buyer?
I waited ages for one particular buyer to give me feedback on a DVD player I sold.
It annoyed me that 'they' had the power to stop me getting my money.
Honestly, I'd rather bin perfectly good stuff then deal with ebay/paypal now.

Is that really the case now? I don't hardly ever sell on ebay and when I buy I virtually never leave feedback either anymore as I got in this habit before they changed it when basically, if you didn't leave positive feedback, you just got negative feedback in return. Obviously if people aren't getting paid then I'll start leaving feedback again.

Is that really the case now? I don't hardly ever sell on ebay and when I buy I virtually never leave feedback either anymore as I got in this habit before they changed it when basically, if you didn't leave positive feedback, you just got negative feedback in return. Obviously if people aren't getting paid then I'll start leaving feedback again.

It certainly was the case, a few months back.
You sell something, paypal don't release your funds until the buyer gives feedback.
They've maybe jacked this though, coz it was causing uproar.
I dunno now, I avoid ebay like the plague.
I'd rather give the stuff away or bin it.

I no longer use paypal because of, er, paypal. They did the usual side with the buyer thing after he did (I assume) a chargeback after he received the item. Paypal never told me what had happened. Luckily I never sent anything out until the money had transferred to my bank account and so they never got me despite putting debt collectors onto me. Very satisfying feeling knowing their unregulated methods didn't get the money off me :thumbsup:

It certainly was the case, a few months back.
You sell something, paypal don't release your funds until the buyer gives feedback.
They've maybe jacked this though, coz it was causing uproar.

It's never been the case AFAIK.

We sell things every week. Have done for years.
Never had a problem with paypal withholding any funds until feedback. :confused:

It's never been the case AFAIK.

We sell things every week. Have done for years.
Never had a problem with paypal withholding any funds until feedback. :confused:

Definitely happened.

eBay Answer Center: Ebay withholding seller's payment until ...

A quote from the above, for anyone that can't open links.

But yes, PayPal (not eBay) holds some sellers payments for 21 days, or until + FB is left, or until the item shows delivered.

Really had a bad time with paypal recently really did drive me bonkers i think at times they just screw you over and at other times they can be really helpfull depends who you get on the other end of the phone ireland or india sometimes.

My dealings with paypal recently have nothing been short of abysmal really shocking really got me down as well but on the there side i remember about a year ago speaking to them about an ebay dispute they were fantastic with it swings and roundabouts

but just it seems in cases it deems as 'high risk'.

i.e. it isn't every sale... like I say, never happened to us

No, it isn't as clear cut as that.
It may not have happened to you, but it's happened to lots of people and for no apparent reason.
Either that or paypal have some pretty random criteria for 'high risk'.
I've got 100% positive feedback in over 100 transactions.
The transaction I had payment delayed on until +FB was received was a £30 DVD player.
No 'high risk' there in anyone's book.

Ebay bought SkyPE for $3.5 billion. This asset was then valued in 2007 at $1.7 billion. Probably now worth under $1 billion. oops;

They need to make this money back somewhere !

No, it isn't as clear cut as that.
It may not have happened to you, but it's happened to lots of people and for no apparent reason.
Either that or paypal have some pretty random criteria for 'high risk'.
I've got 100% positive feedback in over 100 transactions.
The transaction I had payment delayed on until +FB was received was a £30 DVD player.
No 'high risk' there in anyone's book.

It seems the rules are here
Reminder: Safer Payments Requirements Go Into Effect on March 17th

That clarifies it.
But it doesn't excuse it.
They've lost a customer here, forever.
I doubt they'll care, as I'm exactly the sort of customer they want to lose.
They want to concentrate on regular users, not infrequent ones like me.
I'll just smash up stuff with a bat in future, saying "F*** you ebay"

No, postage because the guy who was meant to sign it didnt and wont collect from post office, now they want proof of postage :eek:
If he will not collect it, it should be returned to you... eventually

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom