• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Paypal New Rules Are Completely Weighted In Favour Of The Buyer

Timbo21

Hi all :),

Having recently sold a bit of AV kit on ebay, I was dismayed when I checked my account and found that the payment was on "Hold". It urged me to post the item and that funds would be released once either positive feedback was posted, or 21 days had elapsed :suicide:. This is obviously open to great abuse.

I am a fully verified user with 100% feedback, but under 100. My buyer has a confirmed address, yet they have put "inelligible" for my seller protection :nono:.

I called Paypal and told them they were giving the buyer all the protection and the seller absolutely none. He blurted something about the new rules gave better confidence for buyers and that sellers will benefit from greater sales :rolleyes:. I sell something once every few months. I'm not a business seller. I told him to register my complaint.

Finally, since I am the one paying the fees, I find it hard to rationalize why I don't get any protection when the buyer, who pays nothing to use Paypal, get's it all!

The latest video from AVForums

Hisense U7H TV and T+A Solitaire T headphone reviews, AV/HiFi news plus, what is screen uniformity?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom