• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

PayPal Fees

Digger

Prominent Member
Hi All

Can someone point me to the relevant text on Paypal's website. I completed a deal in the classifieds today and I can only pay using PayPal, the buyer wanted cash but i dont have enough funds in my current account to withdraw and pay by saturday, so i offered to pay any fees if the buyer has to pay them ( which he says he does)...fair enough. the transaction was over £50 so i am assuming (studying the webpage linked below) he is actually not liable for the fees. Is this correct? Are fees only applicable if you withdraw less than £50 funds from your Paypal account and place in say your bank account, rather than "receive" less than £50 funds from a buyer. I am confused and just want to understand how Paypal operates?
https://www.paypal.com/uk/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_display-fees-outside

Many Thanks
Dave

Steven

Senior Moderator
N.B I have no idea re the technicalities of Paypal but
"Free for £50.00 GBP or more, £0.25 GBP for £49.99 GBP or less to bank accounts in the UK"
What he can't afford 25p? Although your link is only about receiving payments
What fees does this man need to pay? I'm only going off your link, I'm not sure myself whether this is relevant area

Digger

Prominent Member
ok got it. He replied to a PM i sent. Yeah its on that page on "Receive Funds" line. click the link and all is revealed. So he has to pay 3.4% extra + 20p to receive funds on amounts less than £1500. I agreed to pay it so problem solved. I just didnt look hard enough... :)

chedmaster

Established Member
to clarify the 25p is to send the funds to his account once recieved, he has to pay to recieve them in to the paypal account first, thats the 3.4% etc.. it does add up with big sales :(

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom