PayPal 2 Step Verification

alphaomega16

Distinguished Member
It's not just PayPal but similar measures should soon be in place no matter what method you use for online payments. It's called Strong Customer Authentication (SCA) and was supposed to happen 2 years ago but has been delayed. According to the article below, SCA should be implemented by 14 September 2021.

That is me screwed then, ive tried 2FA on several sites including amazon but when its turned around and asked me to log in the system has either been down, refuses to text or call or codes come after the limited window to enter it.

Every site I have tried it on I have just turned it off on very quickly, nice idea but the system just doesn't work reliably enough.

If they force this through on everything you can bet your ass im gonna have a go at someone every time it goes down.

Most frustrating infuriating **** ever, nobody can keep this crap operational.

D

Deleted member 27989

As I've mentioned before don't use SMS based systems if you can avoid them. Choose the TOTP system instead. Then you aren't dependent on further third party systems, nor networks not working, etc. And any decent password manager can generate those codes. Much more secure as well.

InvisibleDuncan

It's hard to believe that in 2021 there are still so many of us in rural areas who can't get a decent mobile signal.

I don't live in a particularly rural area, though. I'm on the edge of quite a large town, and the signal isn't great anywhere in the town. Acceptable outside, but a real struggle indoors anywhere.

mjn

Distinguished Member
As I've mentioned before don't use SMS based systems if you can avoid them. Choose the TOTP system instead. Then you aren't dependent on further third party systems, nor networks not working, etc. And any decent password manager can generate those codes. Much more secure as well.
Yup, plenty of free apps to choose from.

Tight Git

Distinguished Member
It's hard to believe that in 2021 there are still so many of us in rural areas who can't get a decent mobile signal.
Back in 1951, I had a summer holiday with my Aunt Sarah who lived near Bury St Edmunds in Suffolk.

No electricity (paraffin lamps) and no mains water (well in the garden).

Now that's rural! :D

RobinOfLoxley

Back in 1951, I had a summer holiday with my Aunt Sarah who lived near Bury St Edmunds in Suffolk.

No electricity (paraffin lamps) and no mains water (well in the garden).

Now that's rural! :D

I'm making a new thread to avoid disrupting this one.
We'll see if it flies

"Childhood Memories"....

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom