Payment to Barclaycard I did not make gone missing

tigermad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I made a payment of £200 to Barclaycard using bank transfer via the the Barclaycard app on 16th March. Unfortunately I entered the incorrect CVC. I checked no money had left my account then redid the payment straight away. All went fine.

Roll on to yesterday and I checked my Monzo account and saw another £200 was pending to come out my account dated 17th March. Monzo said I needed to check with Barclaycard that they will not take the payment and they wanted written proof of this before they would do anything. Because Barclaycard could not see the incoming payment they would not provide written proof or use the authorisation code that Monzo gave me for the transaction.

Monzo said that if the payment remains pending then it should return back to my account Friday. I woke up this morning to find the £200 has now fully gone from my account and has not gone into my Barclaycard account. Barclaycard can’t see any other payment coming in and Monzo say they still want written proof from Barclaycard that this extra £200 has not gone in.

I seem to be stuck in between both Monzo and Barclaycard and getting no answers where my money has gone.

Can anyone please advise? Thanks.

Can you not just get an up to date statement showing that no other money (except the one lot of £200) has gone into Barclays?
Surely if you show this to Monzo it will be proof.
Your Monzo account will show 2 payments coming out to Barclays, where your Barclays will only show one going in.

I wouldn't worry too much, it will just be held in the ether and will be returned i am sure.

Surely if you'd entered an incorrect CVC the transaction should have been rejected and never gone through in the first place?
This is exactly my argument. Plus why did it take over 24 hours to say the payment had come out. The other one was instant and Monzos transfers are always instant. It’s as if Barclays saw it was pending and just took it anyway. Because it wasn’t approved properly it’s most probably sitting in their account along with loads of other missing transactions for the same reason.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom