• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

paying a household cleaner

Noggin1980

Distinguished Member
Being in a wheelchair I'm unable to help with the housework and I need a fair bit of looking after, so with me, our pets and Andreas (my wifes) job she doesn't have much spare time and so spending it cleaning isn't ideal. The house tends to get kinda dirty and I'd like Andreas life to be a little easier.

I've had a look at some websites but none of them really tell you anything. No one seems to list their prices or what the min ammount of hours you can hire cleaners for. I don't want to have no idea what costs are normal when I ring up to try and hire someone and look a wolly or get ripped off so I was wondering if anyone pays for household cleaning?.

How much should I be expecting to pay per hour, do cleaners bring all their own cleaning products? Is something like half a day every 2 weeks say reasonable or would it have to be more frequent than that? Is there anything I need to take into account security wise etc?

Many Thanks
Tim
(I'm in Coventry btw)

DVD-Man

Distinguished Member
I'd opt for a Tuesday afternoon and Friday Morning, get someone local to pop around and tell them what your other half usally does and how much they would charge, that means the house is clean for the weekend and though the week.

Liam

eric pisch

Distinguished Member
best bet is to find someone who is working local that people can vouch for, half a day every other week will suit allot of cleaners, an expensive contract based cleaner should provide everything a cash in the hand cleaner will ask you to get the stuff.

Mr_Wistles

Distinguished Member
I'm also interested in getting a cleaner (once I've got the house clean enough:rolleyes:). The house itself is reasonably large (4 bedrooms , 2 receptions , a study , a home cinema (probably leave that to me), 2 bathrooms , kitchen and conservatory. I'm assuming this will impact the cost/time?

My house is of a similar size (slightly smaller) and we paid someone £10 p/h 3 hours per week.

johntheexpat

Distinguished Member
When we lived in Worcester, we used a firm called MollyMaid. I think they are a national franchise. They will come along and give you a no obligation quote so that you have some idea.
We were very happy with them, so are happy to recommend.

biggles1958

Established Member
bit cheaper in the East Midlands at £5/hour :D

but she gets collected and taken home in the car and i'm flexible about the days worked when she has other commitments

i would never use an agency - only personal recommendation

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom