Pay as you go

dennis55

Our son gave my wife his old phone as she has never had one before. Because the phone was locked to EE he sent for a sim card for it.
She probably won't use it but to be on the safe side I put a fiver credit on it just in case she needed it. She used it for the first time yesterday to ask me to bring an item back from the Supermarket. When she tried to call me a voice said that there wasn't any credit on the phone. I know it was around six to seven weeks since she put the fiver of credit on the phone but she hasn't used the phone. I have read that you have to top up with credit each month is this so?

Dave X

Our son gave my wife his old phone as she has never had one before. Because the phone was locked to EE he sent for a sim card for it.
She probably won't use it but to be on the safe side I put a fiver credit on it just in case she needed it. She used it for the first time yesterday to ask me to bring an item back from the Supermarket. When she tried to call me a voice said that there wasn't any credit on the phone. I know it was around six to seven weeks since she put the fiver of credit on the phone but she hasn't used the phone. I have read that you have to top up with credit each month is this so?

You need to make sure there are no ”packs” on the SIM card (a bundle of minutes/texts and/or data) these are only valid for 30 days before expiring.

You can text STOP PACK to 150 to stop any that might be present.

Here’s a link to all the 150 info sms keywords

dennis55

Thank you for the reply. When the sim card arrived there wasn't any credit on it. We put £5 on it for her as she'd only use it for contact when one of us had gone shopping. It came as a shock when she was asked to top up.
I have sent a text STOP PACK to 150 and hope that will prevent the need to top up each month.

RBZ5416

Distinguished Member
Make sure mobile data is turned off. Simple background operations will chew through PAYG in no time. Also consider one of the virtual networks that use EE as the carrier, although your son should be able to get it unlocked to all.

2wo Thir3s

Standard Member
Make sure mobile data is turned off. Simple background operations will chew through PAYG in no time. Also consider one of the virtual networks that use EE as the carrier, although your son should be able to get it unlocked to all.
Not a problem with EE PAYG - to use mobile data you must either have a pack or add-on.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Cleer Audio speaker + HiFi Rose Streamer Reviews & Movie/TV Show talk
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom