Pay as you go mobile

Lintama

Novice Member
Hi, I am very confused about mobile phones. I was wanting to know if my 'pay as you go' mobile can use the internet for free? I am going to the US tomorrow and I don't want my credit all used up. I don't understand much about it, sorry. Can somebody explain how it all works please? I have heard the term 'roaming' and it can be expensive. I really need an idiot's guide.

Many thanks in advance for any help.

Oh, forgot to say, I have a Samsung Galaxy Core which I had on contract but as I hardly used it in two years, I cancelled it and converted it to 'pay as you go'.

sep8001

Hi

If you top up your payg sim you will use up the credit on it, once the credit is finished it will stop working until you top up.

Some providers allow you to use your data abroad, but with certain bolt ons.

Who is your mobile provider?

dts197

Distinguished Member
If your phone is unlocked, I’d get a Three PAYG SIM card. For £20, you get 3,000 minutes, 3,000 texts & 20gb data. You can use your data in the US and use your minutes and texts to contact people back home. And mostly get a decent signal over there (mine always connects to T-Mobile out there).

Although if you’re going tomorrow (today now), you might not have time to get one before you leave. If you are short on time and it’s unlocked, stop by a T-Mobile or AT&T store over there and see what they can sort you out with.

Lintama

Novice Member
Thank you for your help. It is too late to get a
SIM card in the UK so will wait till I get to the US.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic JZ2000 Final Thoughts - TV Calibration: Should you? And More...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom