1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

pay as you go and sims.

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones Forum' started by othello, Mar 20, 2004.

1. othello

othello
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    well i went into carphone warehouse.. i have an orange Pay as you go sim card..thing is my phone is old and has been giving me problems.. so i went in there looking for a phone.. thing is i also want to be able to put a sim card for an aussie number in when i`m in australia..the girl said it is possible..so i was going to get the nokia 3510i on o2.. this is unlocked,so i could use my orange sim card here..the credit for the o2 and when i`m in aus i can put a sim card for over there in... i just want to check this is right..is it?
    also whats that phone like?my other phone is about 3yrs old.so not upto date with whats good and bad.. cheers for help..

2. davescot

davescot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yeh, if the phone is unlocked it should work fine, anyway I think the 3510i is a great phone, it has very good battery life and signal strength, I bought one last year and was very happy with it.

3. monkeynuts

monkeynuts

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Just to confirm....you should be fine as long as it unlocked. my girlfriend is currently in aus and has bought an aus vodafone pay as you go sim for $30 with $30 credit, cheaper to text me here on aus voda sim than using her UK voda sim to text back here.

She has it in an E700 which is working fine as think they are on GSM network like us.

Hope this is of some help.

4. alextgreen

alextgreen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    If it isn't unlocked (rare on O2) there are places/software online that will unlock it FOC.