Pave Twinview: Can't see BBC Parliament

[email protected]

Standard Member
Reaction score
My Twinview arrived yesterday, and it all seems to be working well for me. My impression is that the picture is slightly softer than the old Nokia OnDigital box I was using, but I'm not certain about this.

The only problem I've come across is with BBC Parliament. When I select that channel I get the sound coming through fine, but the picture is just the colourful RADIO graphic which accompanies all the other radio channels. Can the Twinview handle the complicated quarter-picture and text display that should form the BBC Parliament service?

Regards

Rob

It can't do digital text yet - so no BBC Parliament. I think an update's coming in the next few weeks

I just got an email reply from Pace about the Text Update.
They said it would be "over the summer" and they had "no details about what else would be included in the upgrade".

I'm pretty sure the picture is softer than other boxes i've tried, seems to get softer towards the center of the screen, you can see it on screens with a lot of graphics (bid up tv when they are showing the bids list, qvc etc) in the center of the screen, there's definately a bit of blurryness and it looks vertically smudged. It seems to be a problem with the vertical mpeg scaling as the on screen Pace menus are perfectly sharp. It is suttle, but the most annoying thing about this box.

BBC Parliament doesn't work for me also, I'm pretty sure this is due to lack of MHEG support. I also have problems with cebeebies/cbbc and bbc3/bbc4 because they use time sharing and the mheg layer tells it what to display at what time.

Please contact [email protected] as I have, just to let them know i'm not the only one noticing these problems!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom