1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pausing 20G IPod

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by asimm, Oct 21, 2005.

Tags:
  1. asimm

asimm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +75
    My Ipod has started increasingly pausing. Sometimes it can pause about every 5 seconds. There is a fair bit of banging around in my pocket but I am not sure that is the reason.

Anybody else experienced this? It is still under guarantee - if I have to send it away any ideas on how long it will take to be repaired?

2. mcfarfs

mcfarfs
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Is it the colour screened iPod?

Sorry to be patronising....but you aren't removing the headphones accidently are you?

Because that would pause it on the colour ones.

3. asimm

asimm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +75
    Mcfarfs - no not colour and don't think the headphones are affecting things. I have the px100s (so not the white standard ones). I wil change back and see if this solves things. The problem would then be that the px100s make the Ipod sound 100% better.

4. pjskel

pjskel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +124
    It's not headphone related, so forget theat idea. Reset it the unit - Menu/Play depressed together for 5 secs or so. Display will turn off and the Apple icon will display upon rebooting. Settings will be set to default values, but aside from redoing those to your liking, that (hopefully) will resolve the problem.
    If not, check Apple's Knowledge Base (Support) for further help - if none, then call Tech Support and see what they suggest. Could be one that's gone a bit dulallee.

5. alancolledge

alancolledge

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    If by pausing you mean delays when selecting tracks, my 20gig did the same. I tried defragging the drive through windows XP which seemed to do the trick.

6. asimm

asimm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +75
    No it's pausing - not gaps between tracks. Will keep on trying the reset suggested in previous posts - mine doesn't seem to want to reset.

7. David Mackenzie

David Mackenzie
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,310
    Yes, my 20gb iPod did this when I owned one... random freezing. Very annoying. Defragging it helped a little.

8. lukey

lukey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have similar problem with my 60gb photo, but thinks its the earphones im using, I can replicate the pausing by 'jiggling' the earphones in the socket and have heard on ilounge that this is a particular problem with using third party earphones with the ipod.