pause not working!!!!!

NGD Boy

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Just pressed pause on sky+ and it's taken approx 30 seconds to actually work!!!.... press play and it wont start again!!!... it's recording ok, but pause and play u/s.... any ideas folks...
cheers
Carl

bump... any one know what's wrong.. do I need a new HD ?... or is it something else, and will sky replace it ?... can I do it myself ?
cheers
Carl

Not quite the same thing, but I had a similar problem where I couldn't rewind live TV, it just went into pause mode and pressing play had no effect - had to power off the box.
I found the cause of this when I tried to play back a recently recorded film ...
Instead of what it said I had recorded I found this had been overwritten by the live tv buffer!! - the whole of a breakfast tv programme I had started watching the previous morning before going to work.
Once I deleted what should have been my film live pause/rewind returned to normal.

So, you could try checking out your recordings to see if they are what you think they are. Failing that I presume you've tried the 'planner rebuild' from the engineers menu? A complete power down (removing the power lead from the box) is also worth a go. Finally there is the complete system reset option, again from the engineers menu, but this will erase all your recordings!

Regards,
Simon.

I usually do a complete system reset (in the service menu) that sorts it.

Got it working in the 'secret menu'... called sky and they guided me through it... working fine again:smashin:

fortywinks

if you do a search in this forum you'll find there were a lot of us experiencing this problem after a software update last year. It seems to affect boxes differently (some people like me got it maybe once every couple of months, some on a weekly basis or more).

I personally found the best thing to do was to turn the box off at the mains, and leave it for a minute or so before turning on again.

While i've not had the live pause problem since the most recent update they (think it was January), my Sky+ still has an occasinal "moment" when the box just seems to lose video & sound output and stops responding to the remote requiring a switch off at the mains to sort out

I had the same problem. Tried removing the power lead for a few minutes and the planner rebuild but neither worked.
In the end I went through and deleted some of the viewed programmes from the planner and it started working again.

My brother and myself had Amstrad sky + boxes installed the other week, and there seems to be a problem with both of them, sometimes when you press pause, a message comes up PLEASE WAIT, then nothing happens, the message stays on screen until you disconnect it from the mains.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom