pause not working!!!!!

NGD Boy

Just pressed pause on sky+ and it's taken approx 30 seconds to actually work!!!.... press play and it wont start again!!!... it's recording ok, but pause and play u/s.... any ideas folks...
cheers
Carl

NGD Boy

bump... any one know what's wrong.. do I need a new HD ?... or is it something else, and will sky replace it ?... can I do it myself ?
cheers
Carl

SimonSays

Not quite the same thing, but I had a similar problem where I couldn't rewind live TV, it just went into pause mode and pressing play had no effect - had to power off the box.
I found the cause of this when I tried to play back a recently recorded film ...
Instead of what it said I had recorded I found this had been overwritten by the live tv buffer!! - the whole of a breakfast tv programme I had started watching the previous morning before going to work.
Once I deleted what should have been my film live pause/rewind returned to normal.

So, you could try checking out your recordings to see if they are what you think they are. Failing that I presume you've tried the 'planner rebuild' from the engineers menu? A complete power down (removing the power lead from the box) is also worth a go. Finally there is the complete system reset option, again from the engineers menu, but this will erase all your recordings!

Regards,
Simon.

Ethan2000

I usually do a complete system reset (in the service menu) that sorts it.

NGD Boy

Got it working in the 'secret menu'... called sky and they guided me through it... working fine again:smashin:

cerebros

fortywinks

if you do a search in this forum you'll find there were a lot of us experiencing this problem after a software update last year. It seems to affect boxes differently (some people like me got it maybe once every couple of months, some on a weekly basis or more).

I personally found the best thing to do was to turn the box off at the mains, and leave it for a minute or so before turning on again.

While i've not had the live pause problem since the most recent update they (think it was January), my Sky+ still has an occasinal "moment" when the box just seems to lose video & sound output and stops responding to the remote requiring a switch off at the mains to sort out

pr1970

I had the same problem. Tried removing the power lead for a few minutes and the planner rebuild but neither worked.
In the end I went through and deleted some of the viewed programmes from the planner and it started working again.

Schumi 01

My brother and myself had Amstrad sky + boxes installed the other week, and there seems to be a problem with both of them, sometimes when you press pause, a message comes up PLEASE WAIT, then nothing happens, the message stays on screen until you disconnect it from the mains.

The latest video from AVForums

Are the TCL MiniLED TVs better than OLED? TCL Interview with Marek Maciejewski | AVForums Podcast
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom