Pause live TV

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by thewilf, Feb 9, 2009.

1. thewilf

thewilf
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys,

I understand there are many threads around about single LNB sky + for appartments and I plan to get a sky+ box from ebay and plug it in to my single LNB. One thing is confusing me.

If I have a sky + box installed with one feed into tuner 1, a 24/7 recording set up so I can record from a planner by forcing it to go to tuner 1.

How does the pause live TV feature work, can I still press the pause button on remote and pause TV with this dummy recording part set up?

Also as far as I have read the sky anytime feature should work with this set up on, is this correct?

Cheers for all your help
    Will

2. davemurgatroyd2

davemurgatroyd2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,335
    The pause feature will work as long as you are not recording anything else except the "dummy recording".

Anytime will work providing the box is Anytime compatable but possibly not all downloads will be received as long as you are not recording anything else except the "dummy recording".

3. pcbbc

pcbbc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +84
    Yes - Pausing and rewinding of live TV uses the tuner currently being used to watch TV.
    Obviously while you are watching, pausing or rewinding TV you can not also be making an unattended recording.

It works as long as you place your box in standby when not in use (mainly overnight) to free up the tuner to allow downloads. Obviously it won't be able to fill up half as fast with only one tuner available and as a result you may miss some downloads.