Paul Ritter

krish

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Astral Crescent, Zoovroozlechester, Betelgeuse V
Very sad to learn of Paul Ritter's death at only 54. Such a recognisable and brilliant character actor. Played one of the best sitcom characters of recent years - Martin in Channel 4’s Friday Night Dinner.
“It is with great sadness we can confirm that Paul Ritter passed away last night,” said his agent. “He died peacefully at home with his wife Polly and sons Frank and Noah by his side. He was 54 and had been suffering from a brain tumour.

“Paul was an exceptionally talented actor playing an enormous variety of roles on stage and screen with extraordinary skill. He was fiercely intelligent, kind and very funny. We will miss him greatly.”

RIP

He was excellent (and utterly loathsome) in Chernobyl playing the part of the plant manager in complete denial over what was really happening (Dyatlov).

RIP.

That's very sad news. Martin in Friday Night Dinner was hilarious. He was a very funny character actor who could just as easy do serious roles.

Very sad news. Wonderful actor and loved him in Friday night dinner.

**** on it.

RIP :(

Fifty four, no age at all, sad, sad news indeed. Friday Night Dinner, a great off beat comedy about a totally bonkers Jewish family with a potty next door neighbour played by Mark Heap. As mentioned above he played serious rolls with just as much conviction. 🥺

Last edited:
So sad, one of my all time Favourite comedies recently much like older stuff Friday night dinner and think Paul gave the best performances ever in it.
R.I.P

I have not seen Friday Night Dinner either but his acting in Chernobyl was utterly outstanding.
It was the stand-out performance and if comedy was his usual role, then Chernobyl should that he was a very talented all-rounder.

Very sad. Only just learned of this news while watching the FND documentary that was on the other night.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom