1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Paul McCartney - Back in the USA DVD

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Shady, Apr 30, 2003.

1. Shady

Shady

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +50
    Chaps

Just received this DVD from CD-WOW after seeing him in concert in Birmingham (excellent by the way - the guy is nearing his bus pass and can still belt them out - Eleanor Rigby, shivers up my back all the way through).

Anyway, the DVD has arrived, unsealed with the disk bouncing around inside the case and no booklet. Is this right ? Has anyone else received this DVD from CD-WOW sealed and with a booklet ?

Appreciate any help you can offer.

Cheers

2. DaveP

DaveP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Soryy I can't help with your problem but I can't find this DVD on CD-wow. Have you got a link by any chance?

Thanks

DaveP

3. CooperUK

CooperUK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I got mine about two months ago I think; it had no booklet but was most definitely sealed.

If you have any scratches on your disc you ought to send it right back to them!

4. Shady

Shady

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +50
    Chaps

Thanks for the replys, if you do a search on CD-WOW for Paul McCartney you get the link for the DVD.

Gotta say, the menus are amongst the worst I have seen. Four options and Macca saying 'Setup' and 'Special Features' in the most depressing voice over ever. Also, fowarding through the chapters using the remote seems to go no further than about half way through, 'Roll With It' I believe.

Anyway, all is not lost - had the output in Dolby Digital which sounded OK, then switched to DTS. Perhaps I should have lowered the volume first as it nearly blew the doors off...

...lovely

But would love to see a UK version, really, Americans do tend to go over the top....

Cheers

5. DaveP

DaveP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yep, I tried that, it shows a couple of CDs but says no DVDs of that title in stock.

Never mind, thanks anyway

DaveP

6. the_pauley

the_pauley
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +198
    If you enjoyed this disc, check out "Get Back" a film by Richard Lester of Macca's 1990 world tour.

The R1 has been long deleted but I recently found a German R2 copy on amazon.de for about a tenner or so.

Anamorphic widescreen, DD5.1 and lots of extras, and unlike the "Back in The US" movie, no behind scenes action - all on stage.

Saw the Manchester gig. Awesome - couldn't believe I was watchng a 60 yr old!