Paul Ardent- Teletext Reviewer

ferris57

Standard Member
Reaction score
I've been meaning to post about this guy for ages but finally decided to after reading some comments on the kill Bill thread.

I cannot remember the last time I read one of his reviews which I either agreed with or in which I saw any resemblence to the film I saw.

Fair enough, people have different tastes, but it has got to the point now where if I have seen a film, I go and have a look at the review pages knowing he'll of thought the complete opposite. Which he invariably does. It would be laughable if it wasn't so annoying.

As for his latest review-kill bill :rolleyes:. I appreciate that Until I see the film myself (roll on Frdiay ;)) I cannot really comment. however, I would say every review I have read has been almost universally positive. As has been everybodys post about it here and on other boards. Empire's review was a bit mixed but still pointed out a lot that it saw was good in the film and conceded that reservations with it may have had to do with the fact that it is really just half a movie. What did Paul reckon? garbage. No redeeming features, even slated what by all accounts is an excellent little piece of anime.

How he got the job I don't know.

So is it me or does anyone else think this guy is a joke?

I have read a large number of this guys reviews, on channel 4 text I think.
He is very rarely correct about films and when he is wrong he gets it very wrong.
He proabably got the job as quality reviewers are hard to find.

I think he got the job because he was the first one in the office to stick up his hand the day they asked who wanted to do the film reviews :rolleyes:

Yup, I have to agree - I have read his reviews a few times and thought WTF is he on :confused:
Don't know if it is the same guy who does the BBCi DVD News but he gets all his facts wrong as well! :rolleyes:

I thought his Kill Bill review was spot on.
I only read it after reading all the stick he got about the review on some other dvd/movie forum.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom