1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Paul Ardent- Teletext Reviewer

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by ferris57, Oct 16, 2003.

1. ferris57

ferris57
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I've been meaning to post about this guy for ages but finally decided to after reading some comments on the kill Bill thread.

I cannot remember the last time I read one of his reviews which I either agreed with or in which I saw any resemblence to the film I saw.

Fair enough, people have different tastes, but it has got to the point now where if I have seen a film, I go and have a look at the review pages knowing he'll of thought the complete opposite. Which he invariably does. It would be laughable if it wasn't so annoying.

As for his latest review-kill bill :rolleyes:. I appreciate that Until I see the film myself (roll on Frdiay ;)) I cannot really comment. however, I would say every review I have read has been almost universally positive. As has been everybodys post about it here and on other boards. Empire's review was a bit mixed but still pointed out a lot that it saw was good in the film and conceded that reservations with it may have had to do with the fact that it is really just half a movie. What did Paul reckon? garbage. No redeeming features, even slated what by all accounts is an excellent little piece of anime.

How he got the job I don't know.

So is it me or does anyone else think this guy is a joke?

2. mcmullanbrush

mcmullanbrush
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have read a large number of this guys reviews, on channel 4 text I think.
    He is very rarely correct about films and when he is wrong he gets it very wrong.
    He proabably got the job as quality reviewers are hard to find.

3. ferris57

ferris57
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I think he got the job because he was the first one in the office to stick up his hand the day they asked who wanted to do the film reviews :rolleyes:

4. Lex

Lex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Yup, I have to agree - I have read his reviews a few times and thought what the fudge is he on :confused:
    Don't know if it is the same guy who does the BBCi DVD News but he gets all his facts wrong as well! :rolleyes:

5. mallet

mallet

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    I thought his Kill Bill review was spot on.
    I only read it after reading all the stick he got about the review on some other dvd/movie forum.