1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Patriot on 709

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Bozza, Nov 15, 2000.

1. Bozza

Bozza
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Has anyone tryed playing this film on a software hacked 709?, if so was it succefully played?

2. YETi

YETi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Currenlty there is a list of players that are incompatible with RCE (Regional Code Enchanement) on www.dvdreview.net.

They talk in this month issue that The Patriot(R1) does work on Pioneer 626 with an additional Hack! Anyone know what this is?

[​IMG] Before clicking submit I decided to have a look [​IMG]

Good news for owners of the Pioneer 626 DVD player with a Techtronics upgrade. We tested the new hack with The Patriot disk and it worked like a dream. If you have a 626 with a Techtronics region free mod then simply follow these instructions:

1. Insert a non-RCE Region 1 disc.
    2. Wait until the menu screen appears then eject the disc.
    3. Remove the R1 disc and replace with The Patriot. The disc will now play.

According to the Techtronics website most Pioneer models will only play The Patriot using this particular hack.

[This message has been edited by YETi (edited 20-11-2000).]

3. CJROSS

CJROSS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +343
    I've just watched a R1 Patriot on my DV-717 and no problems whatsoever (Techtronic) a
    bit of a corny movie - but all the better knowing that RCE doese'nt seem to work on my player first attempt.

4. bradavon

bradavon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Quote from HCC News -

"Michael McGreevy, meanwhile, informs us that his Aiwa handset-hacked Samsung 709, with firmware rev. 3.27, plays The Patriot with no problems. Keep 'em coming."

So it would seem that the hack works.

Alex