Patriot Box Office - custom firmware

88mph

Was recommended this box as a cheap media player. I have just received it and will be interested in updating the firmware on it.

Someone pointed me to this site - http://patriot-box-office.wikidot.com/

However I would like to know which firmware is recommended. Is it just a personal preference?

NX3

That box is sold in the USA, avsforums in the US equivalent of this site, you might have more luck posting with them as I'm sure I've seen threads about this box in the media box section.

GreenBhoy

Novice Member
It's sold by Dabs & Amazon UK and a few others - it is a UK model if you get it from these sites.. I ordered from Amazon UK for £49.99 - brill price....

But as you say most of the info is from satisfied US (and Canadian) customers.

Most seem to go for (under the custom firmware section):

03/03/2011 : 1026 patched MedeBO 1026 image

It makes it look like a med8tor box!

Last edited:

88mph

It's sold by Dabs & Amazon UK and a few others - it is a UK model if you get it from these sites.. I ordered from Amazon UK for £49.99 - brill price....

But as you say most of the info is from satisfied US (and Canadian) customers.

Most seem to go for (under the custom firmware section):

03/03/2011 : 1026 patched MedeBO 1026 image

It makes it look like a med8tor box!

Thanks. Is it mostly cosmetic changes or are there any good features in MedeBO worth having over standard PBO firmware?

Also I see firmware and bootcode are two different things. Should I update the bootcode before I load any new firmware?

Last edited:

planthead

Thanks. Is it mostly cosmetic changes or are there any good features in MedeBO worth having over standard PBO firmware?

Also I see firmware and bootcode are two different things. Should I update the bootcode before I load any new firmware?

I was going down this route,,as a gift for the old man,,using the ac ryan firmware,, but by the time I purchase the wireless dongle at £12.00.. its not so much of a saving over a wdtv smp.. any ideas,, !!

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Large Screen HDR TV or Projector For Home Cinema + Best of the Month
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom