• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Patio heaters

C-J

Does anyone own a patio heater? The Mrs wants one and not sure what to get elec, gas or a wood burner? Wood burner maybe a bad idea as worried about smoke. :thumbsdow

The prices of gas vary a lot!!! I’m after mid rage that will keep us warm on summer evenings. :cool:

Anyone got one or recommend one?

Budget abot £150 at the most.

TIA

Hillskill

Moderator/Games Reviewer
We have decided to go for an Electric. Gas could potentially be a PITA with having to refill the bottle every so often, although many of my friends have said theirs lasts an eternity. Also Gas ones can be slightly noisy, an electric should be silent. The one we have gone for is made by Algarve, 1.3KW output giving 9m sq coverage which is pretty much perfect for my patio. I'll be honest though, I have no idea of how the cost might compare to Gas !

KhalJimbo

Distinguished Member
My folks have a gas one that hangs on the umbrella like the ones you find on the outside areas of restaurants and it works a treat.

Keeps nice and warm on winter nights too, we had a few times on winter evenings when we could sit ouside on the patio with it on, wearing jackets of course.

C-J

We have decided to go for an Electric. Gas could potentially be a PITA with having to refill the bottle every so often, although many of my friends have said theirs lasts an eternity. Also Gas ones can be slightly noisy, an electric should be silent. The one we have gone for is made by Algarve, 1.3KW output giving 9m sq coverage which is pretty much perfect for my patio. I'll be honest though, I have no idea of how the cost might compare to Gas !

White - Tansun Algarve 1.3kW Quartz Heater: Amazon.co.uk: Garden & Outdoors

The above Hillskill?

Thanks again all. :thumbsup:

Edit

Wicked price!!!!!!!!!

Looks like a deal!!
Thanks mate!

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom