Pathway

markbingo

Established Member
Reaction score
Here is my first entry for a while. New D90 in the bag... and loving what I can do with my SB-600 flash.

No photoshop performed at all. But it took me about 30 attempts to get this effect just right ;-)

4677568379_82017965ee_b.jpg

View On Black

Exif info is all in the Flickr page here

Brief summary:

Camera: Nikon D90
Exposure: 0.017 sec (1/60)
Aperture: f/3.5
Focal Length: 18 mm
Focal Length: 18.3 mm
ISO Speed: 200
Exposure Bias: 0 EV
Flash: On, Return detected

Last edited:
Very good effort mark, I have the same kit!.

Nice shot - great perspective effect too :cool:

JIm

Very good effort mark, I have the same kit!.

Stunning camera isn't it. I love it.

Off to get myself a Prime Lens tomorrow, 50mm or 35mm, not sure yet. Will try them both and see.

Cracking shot:smashin: ....kit lens to boot:clap:

can't wait for my D90 to arrive now............maybe get an entry in this month

Cracking shot:smashin: ....kit lens to boot:clap:

Thanks buddy! I tell you... I have been blown away by the Nikkor VR Lens'
They are really quite good.

Will be interesting to see how things compare with my Prime when I have it.

P.S. Good choice on the Camera. D90 is a stunning bit of kit. :smashin:

just looked at your flikr page that 18-105 is tack sharp:thumbsup: seems waaaayy ahead of Canon at this level:thumbsup:

just looked at your flikr page that 18-105 is tack sharp:thumbsup: seems waaaayy ahead of Canon at this level:thumbsup:

Thanks buddy. I appreciate the comments.
I have just put another batch of D90 Pics up on my Flickr. These show off the potential of the VR lens quite well I think. (here)
:thumbsup:

Thanks buddy. I appreciate the comments.
I have just put another batch of D90 Pics up on my Flickr. These show off the potential of the VR lens quite well I think. (here)
:thumbsup:

Nice:thumbsup:
I assume the waterfall was handheld due to the blurryness when you look at the 'original' pic
How do you get such large files uploaded mark? what size are you uploading?

I assume the waterfall was handheld due to the blurryness when you look at the 'original' pic

Flickr Pro accounts are unlimited in file/image size :)

Jim

Yeah, it was Handheld. Forgot my tripod that day ... DOH!

The photo is uploaded in original res from the camera. When you pay Flickr to become a "Pro" account, you can upload as much as you like, and at full res. (Flickr then scales it back into smaller versions on its website automagically)

I use my flickr as an online backup of all my pics. There are loads in there that are restricted to just friends and family too.

If you have a Flickr.......... go PRO !

... and loving what I can do with my SB-600 flash.

For me personally I really love this picture apart from the effect the flash has had on the trees.

I would like to see the same shot without flash and a longer exposure but it is just a personal opinion

For me personally I really love this picture apart from the effect the flash has had on the trees.

I would like to see the same shot without flash and a longer exposure but it is just a personal opinion

I took a range of shots of this scene, with various amounts of flash used.
Without any flash at all, the pathway looks much different indeed. With the sun streaking down between the trees all the way along.

Perhaps its just because I have only just got the flash... but my motivation was to try and make the pathway creepy, yet still hold onto the "coloured carpet" of petals. A kind of balance between "Safety" and "Creepy" all in one shot.

Thanks for the feedback. I really appreciate all comments. :)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom