1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pathetic X-Box Cable!

Discussion in 'Nintendo Forums' started by john87, May 6, 2002.

1. john87

john87

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The only option for 5.1 sound on the X-Box is the Joytech AV cable. It costs £15. At this price quality is expected, yes?

:mad: Well, its crap! It works OK with the X-Box, but when I switched to my CD player (or any other analogue source) it causes MASSIVE buzzing because its shielding is so crap - everytime I play a CD I have to unplug it.

That is crap build quality for £15! Doesn't matter how far away you put it, there is buzzing.

2. dUnKle

dUnKle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,319
    Not sure what you mean its the "only" choice

There are various cables out there, why not import then from someplace like www.dvdboxoffice.com ?

3. john87

john87

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well it was the only choice in Leeds... :( maybe I should of looked around more before getting it.

4. dUnKle

dUnKle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,319
    Yep, I think so :)

Mine is the S-Video version, official from MS and was very cheap imported from www.dvdboxoffice.com

5. Dick Scratcher

Dick Scratcher

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    John87,

I bought the official MS advanced scart cable form Virgin in the White Rose Centre about a month ago. Its optical and causes no interference at all. It is, however, more expensive.