Patched DTS (MKV2VOB) Audio conversion

gtoboss

Novice Member
Reaction score
Before I had a Dune media player I used my PS3 to watch MKV files. The PS3 would not decode DTS audio streams and as a work around I would use MKV2VOB to "patch" the DTS and trick the PS3 into seeing it as a PCM stream. It worked great until you wanted to use the same patched auido mkv file on just about anything other than a PS3. Well I finally figured out how to convert the audio back into DTS and would like to share the process in case it helps someone else salvage some files.

Use Programs: TsRemux v.0.0.23.2, tsMuxeR 2.6.12, mkvmerge GUI v4.6.0 (Still Crazy after all these Years)

1. In TsReumx select Source file (the file you would like to convert), on output file name add “.m2ts” to end of file name, select both streams (check boxes), Output format select .M2TS, then Remux

2. In tsMuxer add input file which is the .m2ts file you created from the previous step, both tracks should be selected, enter output folder and file name, select Demux (checkbox), start demuxing

3. In mkvmerge add input file which should be the 2 files from previous step (.264 video file and .wav audio file), highlight video or audio track if one of them needs any options changed (compression should be none, make sure FPS is set appropriately etc.), enter desired output file name, start muxing.

Other programs or versions of these programs may work as well I just used what I already had on my computer or what I was able to find.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom