Patch panel

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by Stereo Steve, May 4, 2004.

1. Stereo Steve

Stereo Steve

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I'm looking to set up a network in my new house to stream music etc. I have cat 5 points in all rooms leading to 1 cupboard where I will have router and switch. I'm looking at patch panels and they all seem to be rack mountable. The cupboard is about 6" deep and I wondered if you could get a surface mount wall box for rack mount panels, ie like a 13 socket box but it fits on the wall, you bring all your cables into the back of it and the rack mount patch panel screws onto it.

I've had a search around google but without knowing what your after it's tricky.

Any ideas?

2. Stereo Steve

Stereo Steve

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Scrub that, the cupboard isn't 19" wide. Decided to go for 5 pattress boxes with double outlet faceplates.

3. selexus

selexus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Steve,

Have a look at www.blackbox.co.uk they have a great range of comms equipment and accesories. Your best bet is to go to the cabinets and racks section.

Cheers.