Patch 1.08 Hasn't killed online play

Barry_

Distinguished Member
I have seen in the other thread that a few people have had problems playing online since this update and thought i would see if how many have updated are having no problems so we can sort of tell how bad it is and if it would be better to wait and see what happens.

Me = not updated yet - PS3 won't be switched on until after 10pm :(

TaNeR_08

not been on mw2 today so cant say antything, maybe time to go back to cod4 for a change ?

danboy775

Standard Member
post on iw forum saying they are aware there is a problem and they are working to resolve it

Zorba_8

Connected to 5 games then PS3 crashed before I could even select my load out.

Tried special ops with my mate, laggy as hell. Tried mp again and was laggy as hell so have turned off the ps3 until later. I guess I'll just have to talk to my gf :rolleyes:

:D

Det

Distinguished Member

Leumas_10

Have they sorted it already? Cos I just had pretty much 2 hours problem free online.

I didn't have to install a patch by the way, have they pulled the patch? Unless somebody has been on my pus3 earlier today and installed it!

StuR6

ran ok , but cannot join american party - they've not got it
i see carepack running still works

Cha1ky

Distinguished Member
No probs at all for me. A couple of laggy games nothing different to usual. At least the care packages glitches are sorted now, :thumbsup: not tried Akimbo 1887s yet tho.

Expired

If you look on four zero twits twitter they admit there is a problem with the patch and both they and sony are looking into it.

nstokes

it installed fine for me and could play fine but had laggy games so went off

The Fuggler

Installed around half 10 last night. Had one slightly laggy game, but that was it. Perfectly fluid other than that.

Craig8718

I gave it a miss last night after reading of all the probs.

Apparently they are considering rolling back to the previous patch until they resolve the issues.

SyStemDeMoN

Distinguished Member
No problems here :thumbsup:

Gillyallan

No problems here on admittedly the short time I've played today. All games have been on Merc TDM. (40GB PS3 - upgraded to 250GB) if its something console specific.

Ben6279

Updated around half 10 last night & had no problems apart from abusive bad lossers :D

lovemovies

Hadn't played for a few day's as my PS3 died. After getting my spare one back from my parents house I loaded it up and installed update yesterday. Played about four hours and it didn't freeze or crash once.

Only problem I had was that in the four hours I played I didn't get a better result than 5 kills to 15 deaths no matter what class I used or how many different lobbies I tried. I spent the whole evening being the worst person on the team.
I'm not great, but i normally start a session terrible and after about 45 mins i'm getting even scores and possitive scores more than negative ones. I was either on a REALLY bad day or i'm suffering some kind of constant lag now as it didn't matter if I saw the guy first and started shooting first I would more than likely die. Even if I was using the AUG and fired first the guy could use a much smaller gun and take me down no problem.

I'll try again later today to see if I was just on an off day or if I spend the whole night getting killed by people i'm already shooting at like yesterday.

Aran10

everyone is saying that they haven't had any problems

and this is because the problems were at around 6:00pm and since then they were fixed around 8/9pm and now the lobbies are fine

i had problems when i first wnt one but after that it has been better again

danboy775

Standard Member
i was on saturday night, the first game i went on froze at the loading screen.
Then it started taking ages at the lobby screen.
I tried the private game trick and that seemed to fix it however the lag was unbelievable so i just quit.:mad:

Barry_

Distinguished Member
After opening this thread i installed the update about 2/3 hours later. Not had a single problem. :D

A few clan members did have problems - i suggested they deleted the Game install file and re-download it when MW2 boots up - seemed to sort out any issues they had :thumbsup:

Infinite Care Package Glitch is back again already though :mad:

goldwater666

Infinite Care Package Glitch is back again already though :mad:

I thought this patch was to "cure" the running around at speed care package glitch and not the infinte care packages glitch?:D

Bad news when there is more than one glitch for the same thing:eek:

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Technics announces SL-G700M2 SACD and music streamer
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
The Amazon Prime Early Access Sale 2022: 11-12 October
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Google set to launch the Pixel 7 and Pixel 7 Pro smartphones
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Focal launches Bathys noise-cancelling wireless headphones