password problem with SKY

keyser

Standard Member
The Sky receiver always asks for a password for rated movies during the day, and it´s the last 4 digits from the card, but it seems that somehow someone changed that password on my receiver! Is there some way to reset the receiver to the default card password?

Is there some setting that can make me not have to pu in that password on my other sky receiver, it´s a pain in the butt to type it in every time I switch to those channels?

youngsyp

Distinguished Member
If you sign on to Sky.com, you can reset the password through the website.

As for the PIN requests, this can all be set up, via the services menu !

keyser

Standard Member
I don´t understand, someone has accidentaly changed the PIN, I have no idea what it is, how can I set it back to the original settings(the 4 digits from the sky viewing card).

Where can I later change the settings so that I don´t have to punch in the PIN when watching the PG movies on SKY during the day?

JayCee

Distinguished Member
I don´t understand, someone has accidentaly changed the PIN, I have no idea what it is, how can I set it back to the original settings(the 4 digits from the sky viewing card).

Where can I later change the settings so that I don´t have to punch in the PIN when watching the PG movies on SKY during the day?

You need to phone Sky and ask them for the pin...if it has changed from the original last digits of your viewing card you cannot reset it...only Sky can tell you.
I believe you cannot turn off the pin request for viewing PG movies during the day.

Miss Chief

Distinguished Member
Sky cannot tell you what the PIN is/was but can reset it to a number of your choosing. If that's back to the last 4 digits of your card number then so be it.

Sorry, should have also said it may be the last 4 digits of your ORIGINAL viewing card. If Sky have replaced your card at all then it may not be the last 4 digits of your current card.

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED Evo TV and SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer reviews, Samsung OLED rumours and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom