Password problem with Foxsat-HDR custom software

Chris Lambert

Novice Member
Hi, recently upgraded my software with the latest version. Trouble is is keeps asking for user name and password. I can't telnet to it as the same problem occurs, same with FTP. There used to be alink to a password reset file on Raydons software pages but this link no longer works. Anyone any ideas?

Chris Lambert

Novice Member
Unfortunately no. I tried to use telnet and FTP with no luck. If I could get hold of the password reset file and put in a memory stick then I could reset passwords later.

raydon

Unfortunately no. I tried to use telnet and FTP with no luck. If I could get hold of the password reset file and put in a memory stick then I could reset passwords later
There is no longer a password reset package for the web interface, you must use telnet. Could you try to be a bit more specific when posting about your problem ? I can only assume it is access to the web interface you are taking about when you say that it is requesting a username/password. Telnet server does not require a password at all, and the default FTP user name and password are in the CFW readme.txt file. Are you sure you have telnet server installed on the HDR ? If not then install it from USB stick. The installer package is included in the CFW rar archive along with instructions on how to install it. Are you using Windows own telnet client from a command window to access it ? What response do you get when you enter telnet xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx from the command window ? (substitute your own HDR's IP address for x's).
It should look like this if connection is OK.
C:\telnet 192.168.0.7
Foxsat-HDR~#

If so, then enter the 'pass-disable' command:
Foxsat-HDR~#pass-disable
Web Interface User Access Control disabled.
Web Interface server is running. Restarting...
Done.

It will only look like this if telnet client cannot connect to the HDR:
C:\telnet 192.168.0.7
Connecting to 192.168.0.7...Could not open connection to the hoston port 23: Connect failed.

Chris Lambert

Novice Member
Sorted. Thanks for the assistance. It helps if you read the manual properly. Also helps if you don't forget the password. It would be a good idea though to put a simple users guide to telnet commands somewhere as I don't use it as a rule and struggled a bit. Thanks again.

raydon

It would be a good idea though to put a simple users guide to telnet commands somewhere as I don't use it as a rule and struggled a bit. Thanks again.
No such thing as telnet commands. Telnet only provides access to the host which could be Windows , linux or whatever. The Foxsat uses linux. If you are suggesting I provide a tutorial on linux command line then sorry, but no. There are already plenty of resources available online on that subject.

Last edited:

bobdaniel

Novice Member
I have the inverse problem after finding and using pass-disable.
How do I set up an .htpasswd file? I have created one, put it in /opt/etc, and restarted lighttpd
It does indeed now ask for user/password but I can't get the user/password combination to be accepted.
I have cleared the browser cache.

raydon

Remove the file you created and instead use the web interface settings page to set up the credentials.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN800B 8K TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom