Passive subwoofer crossover settings

JL12W7

Established Member
Reaction score
I built two sub boxes and put FI 15'' drivers in both boxes so two 15'' SUBWOOFERS sitting either end of the room. I have those connected to two CV 5000 power amps which are in turn connected to the sub out of the Yamaha receiver.

I read you need a low pass filter or crossover, but am I mistaken or have I got it wrong does my AV Amplifier not do the crossover part of the correction much like as if my passive sub woofer was active with all the electronics attached to it that you could control the subwoofer.
Just would like clarity on that front as I always noticed my subs to be very beefy low end and integrate quite well with my whole system just wondering am I missing anything or can I buy an external crossover to connect between amp and my receiver though I assumed thats what my av receiver was doing already so an external crossover is not required for my purposes, suppose if I was not connected to my av amp then yes I understand totally I would need some sort if control low pass filter ti integrate the subwoofers to the system.. If I am wrong please correct me.
Any advice will be welcomed.

You are quite correct, using the sub out (lfe) you do not require additional filters. The sub amps should be receiving sound under 100 Hz if selected in the amp correctly which should be fine.

You are quite correct, using the sub out (lfe) you do not require additional filters. The sub amps should be receiving sound under 100 Hz if selected in the amp correctly which should be fine.
Thank you so very much for confirming my thoughts much appreciated.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom