Passive Soundbar ideas?

Samch0

Novice Member
Hi, I'm looking for a passive 3 channel soundbar to replace my Kef setup due to space requirements, kids, wife, life has changed etc etc.

I have a Sony STR-DH800 and a BK XLS200-DF Sub and a budget up about £700, anyone got any suggestions?

Bluetooth would also be handy.

Last edited:

GAS66

Hi There.
I did think about this option for a while before I bought my soundbar.
As far as passive soundbars are concerned, i think that the best ones come from the U.S.
GoldenEar Supercinema 3D range, Definitive Technology Mythos and XTR range, Paradigm Millenia 20 Trio. Al are good. Monitor Audio do SB2 and SB3 passive soundbars.

There are probably many others, but I think few, if any will feature Bluetooth as they're essentially just 3 speakers in one long, thin enclosure with no electronics other than crossovers inside.

Hope this helps.

Good luck

Samch0

Novice Member
Hi Gas66,

Thanks, i was looking at the Monitor Audio SB2, will check out the others. Guess there are plenty of other options to get around no bluetooth.

thanks again!

tikigod19

Did you decide on one in the end? I'm also looking to replace some relatively cheap speakers at the front with a 3 in 1 soundbar (ideally with a bluetooth/wifi audio connection as well so I can play music through it from my phone). Would love to know some suggestions

Samch0

Novice Member
No, we moved house and its still chaos so i put it on hold for a while. GAS66 was right though, there are very few options for bluetooth/wifi on a passive soundbar. I'm thinking about ditching my receiver and using the TV for the HDMI switching. It will cut down on space and obviously opens up your soundbar options. Let me know how you go!

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom