Passive bookshelf spearkers & sub for dance music

barlew

Standard Member
Hello, I currently have a Marantz PM6005 amp powering a pair of Wharfedale diamond 9.1 and a really old pair of Mission Cyrus 782. The Wharfedale are in another room so are fine, but i want to replace the 782's. I don't have room for big floor speakers, so bookshelf's are a must, and have an amp and passive set up, so don't want powered monitors.

I've done some research and have the following in mind, but unsure if they complement my amp or not. Also, as im using these in a dj setup, playing mostly dance music, I'm happy to invest in a passive/powered sub, but again unsure how this would fit in with the speakers?

Speakers
Wharfedale Diamond 122
Q Acoustics 3030i
Dali Spektor 2
Elac Debut B5.2

No idea regarding the Sub.

My budget is about £250 for the speakers, and about £200 for the sub. But happy with 2nd hand :) Any help would be great, thank you.

password1

Distinguished Member
Would floorstanders be accomodstable?

If so, the Mission lx4 mark 2 would be under total budget.

You'll appreciate the extra mid bass of the extra driver and deeper bass from a larger cabinet

The bookshelf equivalent of the Mission LX mk2, Wharfedale Diamond 12 series bookshelves and Fyne Audio F300 series should be on your shortlist.

barlew

Standard Member
Hello Password1, thank you so much for the addition of the Wharfedale Diamond 12 & Fyne Audio F300 series. Both look excellent speakers but after checking them out, managed to pick up a pair of Wharfedale Diamond 12.0 off ebay. Now looking for a sub :)

password1

Distinguished Member
Depending on how much you picked up the Diamond 12.0s for that should leave you with a slightly larger budget for the sub. You can pick up a used bk xls200 mk2, used Rel t5 and possibly a used Dali e9f.

For new, a bk gemini 2 would be on budget.

barlew

Standard Member
Hi, Thanks for the suggestions, unfortunately, the bk xls200 mk2, Rel t5 & Dali e9f are a bit pricey so looking at the BK Gemini 2.

Any other recommendations for under £300?

password1

Distinguished Member
If you don't mind used the bk xls200 mk2 can be bought for around £200 or less depending on condition.

Alternatively you could put up a wanted advert on this forum.

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom