Passive be Active subs

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
'I had my Denon Avr set up with 4 subs (yes 4) and two floor standers at the front, two floor standers as surrounds, two small Atmos speakers and a not so powerful center speaker'.

Why so many Subs?

Why the poor quality Centre channel when that produces most/a lot of the key information in a movie/TV show?

Sell a couple of Subs to fund a decent matched LCR setup.

Apologies if I have missed it but any pics or plans of the room and room layout?

Joe

Laney70

Hi Joe, I'll send them on but my room isn't finished yet, I do have an old Panasonic centre speaker I could use.
Thanks,
Phil

Laney70

'I had my Denon Avr set up with 4 subs (yes 4) and two floor standers at the front, two floor standers as surrounds, two small Atmos speakers and a not so powerful center speaker'.

Why so many Subs?

Why the poor quality Centre channel when that produces most/a lot of the key information in a movie/TV show?

Sell a couple of Subs to fund a decent matched LCR setup.

Apologies if I have missed it but any pics or plans of the room and room layout?

Joe
Center speaker is 4ohms, I don't know how could it really is, problem I have is with the subs

Laney70

Unfortunately I will have to make do with what I've got, money and wife won't let me buy new speakers and subs. The mains are actually better than what there own retailer describes them as but compared to what you guys have it's probably a fair description.
What would be a budget Atmos set up with say a couple of subs cost and which brand, I'll get to work then.

Laney70

Here we are, all set up now, doesn't sound bad at all, Jurassic park had thumping base but only when needed and just about right.
I switch the two front subs off during the week and leave rear subs on auto, main subs are for movie night. 😉

Attachments

• DSC_0935.JPG
    DSC_0935.JPG
    136.1 KB · Views: 13
  • DSC_0934.JPG
    DSC_0934.JPG
    153.7 KB · Views: 11

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN800B 8K TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom