Pass through on Receiver?

Les E

Hi Guys,

I am looking to upgrade my AV Receiver in the next few months and could do with a bit of advise on one I am looking at.

The Yamaha RXV1067 7.1 has caught my eye and it has all the specs I need for my home cinema, including 8 HDMI in and 2 HDMI out (simultaneous).

However does anyone know whether the 2 HDMI out has a pass through if the Receiver is on standby? Basically I need the HDMI to feed one TV while not active.

This could be the crunch on whether I go for this model or not.

Cheers!

Les E

I have just looked at the Yamaha RXV1067 owners thread and this question has come up with the answer that it will if the Receiver is told to do that.

However one flaw comes up that if it sends to a TV then both HDMI's will only output both the TV and Home Cinema in Stereo.

Does anyone know if this is the case then when watching a movie in the HC room only (and the TV is off) would this default back to 5.1/7.1?

Also my plan is feed the Receiver all the components and output to my projector on HDMI 1 (main) and to all other TV's via a HDMI/Cat5 True Matrix from HDMI 2.

Can anyone see any flaws in this, as presently, due to the lack of HDMI inputs/outs on my current Receiver there are a few niggles/crossover issues with the HDMI's...hence the upgrade to the 1067?

Cheers!

PSM1

Distinguished Member
Why is stereo on the pass through an issue? Your TV will only have stereo speakers so stereo on the pass through HDMI to the TV would be fine.

Les E

Why is stereo on the pass through an issue? Your TV will only have stereo speakers so stereo on the pass through HDMI to the TV would be fine.
That's not really the issue. I don't want the the stereo to the Tv's to be a default on the Receiver, so if I watch a movie/PS3/Sky HD in 5.1/7.1 it will revert back to this. I am not sure if the Receiver will do this?

PSM1

Distinguished Member
As soon as you turn the amp back on it will take the incoming signal and decode it appropriately. So you will get 5.1/7.1 with the amp on and then with it off the TV will be sent a stereo signal to play on its speakers.

Les E

That sounds fine. If I was watching a movie in the HC and the wife was watching some crap TV in another room, what would be the default sound on this?

PSM1

Distinguished Member
You can not watch one source on on screen and another on another on if routing through the AV reciever. It will put the sam video output to both screens.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Marantz SR7015 & NAD T 778 AVR + Mission LX2 MKII Speaker Reviews, AV & Film News and More
Top Bottom